With a PivotTable, you can insert additional data fields that you have already used and change the calculation function by which you create new calculated columns.
Insert an additional data field, Quantity field as an example.
Stage 1 â Add field to Data area.
- Select any cell in Pivot Table area.
- Right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Wizard, Layout (in Excel 97, there is no need to select Layout).
- Drag the Quantity field to the data area.
- Click OK and Finish (in Excel 97, click only Finish).
Stage 2 - Changing the calculation function and formatting the field.
- Select a cell in the data area of the new field you inserted (Sum of Quantity).
- From the PivotTable toolbar, select Field Settings (in Excel 97, select PivotTable Field).
- In the Name box, type % Quantity.
- From Show Data as choose % Of Total.
- Click OK.
Provided by ExcelTip.com