Excel users often find themselves stuck on a treadmill of repetitive tasks. For instance, you may need to make a copy of a worksheet to serve as a backup copy or for testing purposes. In this article I’ll describe three ways to duplicate a worksheet. Two involve menus, the second a mouse-and-keyboard trick, and the third a single line of programming code.
You may already be familiar with the first approach shown in Figure 1:
- Click Format on Excel’s Home menu.
- Choose Move or Copy Sheet.
- At this point the Move or Copy dialog box appears:
- Copying within the same workbook: Click Create a Copy and then click OK.
- Copying to another workbook: Select the workbook name from the To Book list, click Create a Copy, and then click OK.
- Moving a sheet to another workbook: Select the workbook name from the To Book list, and then click OK.