LAPTOP Magazine has completed its top 10 back-to-school notebooks list, just in time for back-to-school purchases. The magazine delivers hands-on reviews of products for every need and every budget. The reviews consider multiple categories and takes into account tastes, whether it be for the gamer, the chic minded or those with limited budgets. Their goal is to evaluate style and performance and remove some of the guess work from shopping.
"Students are looking for notebooks with a sense of style and plenty of performance, but they also want to stay within a budget," according to LAPTOP Editor-in-Chief Mark Spoonauer. "At the same time, they don't want the same system as everyone else, so we've handpicked several laptops that should appeal to many different types of buyers."
The top 10 notebooks are:
- The Hipster: The Apple MacBook ($1,599)
- The Cash-Strapped: Dell Inspiron e1505 ($869)
- The Style Maven: HP Pavilion dv2000t ($1,199)
- The Lightweight: Toshiba U205 ($1,199)
- The Studious Student: Gateway M285E ($1,449)
- The Gamer: Alienware Area-51 5750 ($2,149)
- The Multimedia Maestro: Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV650 ($2,999)
- The Surfaholic: Dell XPS M1210 ($2,356)
- The Trust Fund Baby: Sony VAIO VGN-AR190 ($3,499)
- The Klutz: Fujitsu T4210 Tablet PC ($1,729)
More information on this exclusive online feature and LAPTOP Magazine's buying advice is available online at laptopmag.com/Features/Top-10-Back-to-School-Notebooks.htm.
LAPTOP also delivers hands-on product reviews, helpful how-tos and coverage on the latest tech trends. Business travelers, IT professionals and mobile fans will find information to stay connected. In addition to the monthly issues, six specials include Mobile Entertainment (spring and fall), Ultimate Mobility, Ultimate Wireless & Cellular Guide, Gadget Gift Ideas and the Mobile Tech Buyer's Guide.