Harris Interactive, the folks who bring you Harris Polls, have finished conducting the CCH Accountants on the Internet 2000 poll and the results are fascinating. Did you know that
- 96% of accountants have Internet access (up from 51% in 1996)
- 59% percent of those with Internet access use the service daily
- 95% of those with Internet access use the service weekly
- 29% have used the Internet for CPE (up from
- 65% of firms with 11 or more members market themselves on the Web
Accountants use the Internet for e-mail, professional research, general business research, downloading software and demos, reading business and professional news (like you're doing right now), identifying and research professional services and products, and purchasing professional services and products.
Gene Landoe, president and CEO of CCH Tax and Compliance, states that the Internet is, âthe preferred method of customer service.â