Standard & Poor's, a leading provider of independent investment research, ratings and indices, announced today that is has launched a comprehensive set of global online information and analysis on mutual funds aimed at helping individual investors make more informed investment decisions.
The new products are available on http://www.funds-sp.com Standard & Poor's dedicated funds Web site. The award-winning site, one of the most heavily used online sources of information about funds in the world, has been redesigned to meet the growing demand among investors for independent and objective fund data and analysis. The site provides a broad range of information on investment, pension and insurance funds.
"Standard & Poor's is committed to meeting the needs of investors," said Paul Barnes, market & strategy director at Standard & Poor's fund services.
"Armed with our objective analysis, investors can make more informed investment decisions about which they can feel confident."
The Web site will provide investors with access to the same
quantitative and qualitative analysis that industry professionals use. In addition, individual investors can access information on Standard & Poor's Fund Awards, considered the global performance standard for measuring fund managers and investment management groups. The newly redesigned site also provides an ideal way for investors to view their universe of investment options, and create a list of well-informed questions to discuss with their advisors. Individual investors can access the site as either basic or registered users -- both of which are free.
The redesigned Web site's new online tools and features include:
- Improved site navigation; powerful search capability
- Standard & Poor's Fund Management Ratings- the same analytical commentary that financial advisors and fund managers use
- Qualitative information on fund management teams and their investment approach
- Standard & Poor's Fund Stars based on relative risk and performance
- Email alerts on topics such as Standard & Poor's Fund Management Ratings, Standard & Poor's Fund Stars, fund performance and price changes
- Portfolio Builder to organize investments and track performance
- Ability to download and print charts, tables and fact sheets- ideal for discussing investment options with advisors
- News Center with information on ratings changes and other updates
Later this year, Standard & Poor's will add an additional feature to the http://www.funds-sp.com Web site, which will enable users to create a hypothetical portfolio and assess their risk profile or return under various market conditions.