The 2012 "Awesome Add-Ons" were announced earlier this month at the Sleeter Group's annual Accounting Solutions Conference in Las Vegas, recognizing technologies that can work with common business accounting and management systems to help small businesses be more efficient and productive. The awards are presented annually by The Sleeter Group, a national network of small business technology consultants.
Recipients of the seventh annual Awesome Add-Ons honor are:
- Bill.com for the Bill.com Receivables module, which provides automated invoicing management and electronic payment acceptance.
- Clearify for QQube, which offers powerful reporting and business analysis capabilities for QuickBooks users.
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America for the ScanSnap line of pocket-sized portable scanners.
- ShareFile for the ShareFile for Accountants service, which lets professionals securely collaborate with clients using online portals.
- Skyhill Software for Bill & Pay, an online accounts receivable management system that integrates with QuickBooks.
"The new reality is small businesses and the accounting professionals who support them are looking for ways to do more with less, and this means it's critical for them to find the technologies that can help them achieve this goal", said Doug Sleeter, founder and president of The Sleeter Group. "We continually study the marketplace of add-on technologies and services, and the annual Awesome Add-Ons serves to spotlight those that our network of consultants has identified as exceptionally positive additions to the workflow and productivity of businesses and professional firms."
Two additional products were recognized this year with an Honorable Mention. They include Avalara for the AvaTax Certs sales and use tax exemption certificate management system, and Emochila for Emochila Websites, which provides custom Web site development and hosting specifically designed for accounting firms.
To qualify for the Awesome Add-On honor, technologies must integrate as necessary with common business management systems, such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, BusinessVision, MAS, and Microsoft Dynamics. They must also provide intuitive design, ease-of-use and conformance with appropriate accounting and security standards.
The Accounting Solutions Conference is held annually in Las Vegas, and is attended by hundreds of accountants, bookkeepers, consultants, and IT professionals who, in turn, advise their small business clients on financial, workflow and productivity issues. The conference includes educational opportunities presented by industry experts, thought leaders and technology developers.