If you travel, or just can't seem to get your faxes out on time or want to track your voicemail more closely, you can try one of the services offered by eFax.com. Free and fee based software downloads are available from eFax.com. Below are a few of the downloads available along with information on each product highlighted.
eFax Free is an easy-to-use service that lets you receive faxes by email.
Simply sign up for a personal eFax number. Then, when people send faxes to your eFax number, you receive them as email attachments that you can view, edit with annotations, and forward easily.
On the same eFax number you can also receive voicemail. Customers, clients, and friends can leave you voice messages that you can access by telephone or by email.
As an eFax Free user, you can receive your faxes and voicemail as attachments in your email account.
eFax Plus is a paid download ($9.95 per month)and offers all of the benefits of eFax Free â plus a convenient way to send faxes. No need to print and manually fax a document anymore. No need to be tied to the location of your fax machine. With eFax Plus you can fax documents right from your computer â fast. eFax Plus is the complete faxing solution.
For additional pricing on other products available with eFax Plus, see Pricing Schedule
eFax Voice service also offers voicemail access from your computer. If sign up for eFax Voice service, and you wish to receive voicemail at your computer, your computer will need to have a sound card and speakers installed. You will also need to load the appropriate software in order to play the eFax Voice message. To get a free copy of the software click here.
What You'll Need To Use the eFax Products
- An active email account.
- The ability to receive email from outside of your domain (your faxes will be sent to you from the eFax.com domain)
- The ability to receive email attachments.
If you're signing up for eFax Plus, you'll need a PC running Windows 95, 98, NT 4 or higher to use the eFax Send software. If you are uncertain whether your current email account meets the above criteria, please check with your service provider or contact eFax toll free at 1-877-332-9266.
What You'll Get With This Service
With eFax Free, you will get a free personal number that allows you to receive an unlimited number of faxes and voicemail directly to your email account.
With eFax Plus, you will have the ability to send, preview, distribute, and convert faxes into text files right from your email account.
Features and Benefits of eFax:
- Delivered to Your Email Account: Specify the email account where you would like to receive your faxes and voicemail.
- User Friendly Display: Using eFax Messenger, you can quickly find the features you need to view faxes and listen to voicemail.
- Edit a Document using Annotations: Using eFax Messenger Plus, place your signature directly on a fax or document. Now you can highlight important information, scribble notes, mark with a rubber stamp, add a link to a web site, or record your comment by voice.
- Rotate Fax: Rotate individual pages or an entire document so that you never have to be inconvenienced by a fax that has been received upside-down.
- Zoom Fax: Small text can place a strain on your eyes. Use the zoom feature to magnify each page.
- Display Thumbnails: Get a thumbnail view of your fax pages so you can directly click and access the page you need.
- Personalize Your Voicemail Greeting: Let your customers, clients and friends know they've called the correct number by adding your voice to the voicemail greeting.
eFax Free users using Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, and NT, please download Messenger Plus. It's a 3 MB software application, which allows you to view and annotate faxes. You can also listen to voicemail and record voice annotations. The download is available during the sign-up process.
Macintosh users, please download eFax Messenger. This software application offers the ability to view faxes and listen to voicemail.
System Requirements: An active email account with the ability to receive email attachments.
PC: You need to be running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows NT 3.5, or Windows NT 4. To play voicemail, you will need a sound card and speakers installed.
Macintosh: You need to be on a PowerPC running MacOS version 7.5 or above.
For more information about this service and other services offered by eFax.com visit their site.