The tax and accounting business of Thomson Reuters has announced the introduction of Agile Tax, a new production-grade tax software designed exclusively for the Cloud.
Scott Fleszar, vice president of strategic marketing at Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting, described this product as being designed for the professional tax preparer market - the "storefront" tax practice. The Cloud component means that the product allows practitioners to work from anywhere. Rather than paying by the number of tax returns prepared, tax practitioners will purchase a seat license.
According to Jeff Fritz, director of Agile Tax, this product will bring greater productivity and flexibility to the professional tax preparation space, thanks to its Cloud-based structure, extensive paperless capabilities, and convenient, subscription-based payment model.
"We have been providing high-quality software to the full-service tax and accounting market for more than thirty years", Fritz said. "We are excited to introduce this revolutionary new product into the professional tax preparation market."
Agile Tax features include:
- A Cloud-based platform that allows for anytime-anywhere access, automatic updates and backups, assured business continuance, and a smaller IT investment.
- A scalable subscription-payment model, with no up-front or renewal fees. This allows firms to simply pay a low monthly fee and add or remove staff as needed at any time during the year.
- Extensive paperless capabilities, including web-based client organizers and secure online portals for delivery of completed tax returns and easy exchange of files in progress.
For the 2012 tax-filing year, Agile Tax will include federal forms 1040, 1120, 1120S, and 1065 and all states, along with federal 1041 and selected states.
"Agile Tax brings capabilities that were not available to the tax preparer in the past", Fritz said. "Now, high-volume tax preparers have a Cloud-based software system that allows them to be more flexible, more productive, and more profitable."
More information about Agile Tax is available at www.AgileTax.com.
- Rapid Corporate Adoption Curve Proclaims "Cloud Is Now"
- Working in the Cloud: Talk to Your Clients about Cloud Computing
Source: Thomson Reuters Press Release