If you're like the average computer user, you will constantly be running up against questions about how to use a particular software package to accomplish X, Y, or Z.
Most software packages have comprehensive help functions, where you can get many of your answers.
However, a free service called FreeAnswers, located at FreeAnswers.com, allows users to type in everyday English language questions and gain immediate access to the knowledge bases from Microsoft, Intuit or Adobe. Additionally, you can narrow your question down to the specific operating system you are working on.
Current products supported by FreeAnswers include:
- Internet Explorer
- Front Page
- Visual Basic
- Visual C++
- Windows 3.x
- And more...
Some of the most common questions asked on the site include:
- Why do I get an error when I copy a file?
- Why won't my computer shut down?
- Why does my computer freeze?
- Why does an Outlook folder no longer exist?
- How do I install a second copy of windows 98 on my hard drive for backup?
- Why does Internet Explorer "hang"?
Try it out and see if FreeAnswers.com can help you.
If you have a favorite Internet site that you think would benefit other AccountingWEB members, let us know and we'll consider adding it to our Internet tips section.