CCH has announced the launch of CCH Axcess – a Cloud-based modular tax preparation, compliance, and firm management solution built from the ground up, offering the accounting profession a powerful solution for complete firm management. CCH Access is not a new version of an old product. CCH has invested over $100 million in this platform, with the goal of fundamentally changing the way workflow is accomplished in accounting firms, according to CCH Software Executive Vice President and General Manager Teresa Mackintosh.
While some of the modules of the suite have been in the marketplace for over a year, the tax module is new. CCH Axcess provides a Cloud solution with an integrated central database that offers a single point of access to handle all tasks associated with the tax process – from return preparation and compliance to file storage and practice.
"Firms with CCH Axcess are firms with a clear competitive advantage", said Karen Abramson, CCH president and CEO. "No one else can offer what CCH does today. With groundbreaking technology, tight tax workflow integration, common data, and an open platform, CCH Axcess alone offers firms the highest levels of integration, confidence, and speed."
"Now is the time for firms to move ahead", said Mackintosh. "CCH Axcess is the only modern, expandable CPA solution built from the ground up with a core database that unifies the accounting firm's practice. With integrated modules in a single solution with a single database, customers leveraging CCH Axcess will save thousands of hours of time on routine tasks, enabling them to offer new services and value to clients.
"We think this is the holy grail, the game changer in terms of workflow for accounting firms", Mackintosh continued.
The name Axcess is derived from a combination of "axis" and "access." According to Leslie Bonacum, vice president, corporate communications at CCH, the theme is that the axis is at the center of a firm in motion, and the Cloud solution means that the tools can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
The CCH Axcess Cloud-based modules include:
- CCH Axcess Tax – The heart of the streamlined, digital tax process - supporting ease of tax preparation with thousands of automatically calculating forms and schedules for federal, state, county, and city entities; robust diagnostics; and a state-of-the-art electronic filing system.
- CCH Axcess Document – A feature-rich document management solution to electronically organize and store client source documents, achieving a true digital work environment.
- CCH Axcess Portal – A secure online digital storage center where clients have 24/7 access to their financial documents and the ability to collaborate with firm staff in real time, at any time.
- CCH Axcess Practice – Providing a full-scale practice management system to monitor staff time, produce invoices, and handle all aspects of managing firm operations with ease.
- CCH Axcess Workstream – The full-featured project management solution designed to streamline administrative tasks, such as tracking due dates, identifying key milestones, and monitoring project status.
CCH Axcess is built on a single platform that leverages a single integrated database. The centralized database allows users to:
- View, manage, and access all functions through a common dashboard.
- Set up permissions through the administration module.
- Access document management and firm management tools.
- Improve collaboration with clients.
Firms relying on CCH Axcess also benefit from integrated support from CCH Mobile solutions and apps – delivering premier CCH content on-the-go through the powerful IntelliConnect® research platform. And through CCH's Open Platform technology, firms can utilize a variety of favorite applications from approved third-party partners that have built integrations with CCH Axcess.
CCH has announced that firms using CCH Axcess will be able to grow, manage, and protect their business in these ways:
- Grow: CCH Axcess helps firms build relationships to grow by enabling new levels of service. The solution's advanced services platform opens the door to strengthening existing client relationships and attracting new prospects by elevating communications, supporting collaborative relationships, and enhancing timeliness and value of work.
- Manage: Streamlining processes for effective firm-wide management, CCH Axcess also helps professionals better manage their business. CCH Axcess simplifies firm processes by offering a completely integrated software solution that operates on top of a single, centralized database. This means that data seamlessly flows between applications, eliminating manual data entry at any point.
- Protect: CCH Axcess also helps manage risk to protect a firm's reputation as a trusted advisor. CCH's powerful software helps professionals keep current on changing tax laws and maintain compliance across the board, and also supports users with sophisticated security features to protect clients' information and the firm's reputation.
"Firms today know that it's not just about completing client work. It's about building relationships, enhancing services, standardizing processes, and always increasing productivity – that's where new growth and success will come from", said Mackintosh. "With CCH, they have a partner who understands that, who is investing in their success, and who has delivered an advanced solution they alone can put to work and move forward with right now."