The IRS is sponsoring a series of web events this spring designed to provide a live Q&A forum for tax practitioners. The first of these monthly events is scheduled for Tuesday, January 30, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., Eastern time. Log on to www.TaxTalkToday.TV if you want to participate in this live event.
Topics to be included in the Webcast will include ethics, e-filing, the Taxpayer Advocate, taxpayer penalties, appeal rights, IRS reorganization, and tax legislation.
Participating in the Webcast will be representatives from Big 5 accounting firms, some of the nation's top law and business schools, practicing tax professionals, association executives, and the IRS. The first program will feature:
- Moderator: Timothy J. McCormally, General Counsel and Director of Tax Affairs, Tax Executives Institute
- Panelist: Larry L. Gray, CPA, President, National Association of Tax Practitioners
- Panelist: Pamela F. Olson, Attorney, Chair, ABA Section of Taxation
- Panelist: Jerry Songy, Director, Taxpayer Education & Communication, IRS
- Panelist: Beanna Whitlock, Enrolled Agent
The Tax Talk Today programs will air year-round on the last Tuesday of each month, however there will be no show on the last Tuesday in March. All of the programs will feature a panel discussion, Q&A's from viewers, short tax news stories, and entertaining segments like Tax Teasers that encourage viewer involvement and loyalty. Late-breaking news from the IRS may pre-empt, or augment, originally scheduled programming, making "Tax Talk Today" a primary -- you heard it here first -- source of news about new IRS initiatives, rules and decisions.
Viewers and participants will be encouraged to submit questions via e-mail and fax (703-642-6006).
CPE credit is available for attending this one-hour presentation at a cost of $25.