The IRS and the U.S. Small Business Administration have pooled their resources and created a CD full of information that will help small businesses understand their federal tax requirements as well as providing other essential business information.
The CD contains start-up information for new small businesses and valuable information from a variety of government agencies, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions, including the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Social Security Administration, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
Included on the CD are the following features:
- Business alerts and tutorials
- Subscription option for a monthly e-mail newsletter
- Index of forms and publications, index of topics included on the CD, and index of Internet links
- Web link to IRS updates page which provides the latest changes or corrections to information on the CD.
- Instructions for providing feedback and suggestions
- Information about electronic filing and paying alternatives
- Taxpayer rights information
The Small Business Resource Guide can be ordered for free at the IRS Web site, or you can call 800-829-3676 and request IRS Publication 3207. Multiple copies may be purchased at the IRS Web site for $20 per copy plus $5 shipping per order.