RIVERWOODS, ILL., July 21, 2002 â CCH INCORPORATED (CCH), a leading provider of tax and business information and software is now making eight tax-related journals available in a convenient electronic format over the Internet. The journals, written by distinguished practitioners in many fields of tax practice, cover a wide range of transactions. (To order, call CCH at 1-800-248-3248 or visit the CCH Online Store at onlinestore.cch.com)
A subscription to the Internet version of a CCH journal gives a user access to all of the issues published since 1998. The availability of journals in electronic form should prove especially attractive to law librarians and other information professionals, according to Renee Coon, marketing manager with CCH's Federal and State Tax Group.
âSubscribing to the journals over the Internet alleviates storage problems and makes it easier to assure the ready availability of every issue to library users,â Coon said. âIn addition, library customers are becoming more comfortable with, and used to, electronic research and will appreciate being able to add the content of the journals to their searches.â
Journals Cover Diverse Subjects
Typically, each CCH journal's editor in chief is a distinguished practitioner such as Charles R. Levun (Journal of Passthrough Entities) or Lowell D. Yoder (Journal of Taxation of Global Transactions) and the journal has an active editorial board whose members regularly contribute their own insights in articles and regular columns. Many of these journals are the first of their kind â devoted to such increasingly important areas as tax practice and procedure, the taxation of financial products and values-based estate planning.
The following CCH journals are being made available as Internet subscriptions:
- Journal of Taxation of Corporate Transactions covers critical developments in the corporate tax area from the perspective of the transactional practitioner. Each issue addresses the increasingly complex planning and compliance issues facing corporate taxpayers and the impact of the legislative, regulatory and administrative changes on these issues. Appears bimonthly.
- Journal of Taxation of Global Transactions covers the evolving international tax landscape from the perspective of the U.S. tax laws. Each issue addresses these topics with practical analysis of the latest developments written by leading international tax practitioners. Appears quarterly.
- Journal of Passthrough Entities focuses on issues affecting all forms of passthrough entities â partnerships, S corporations, and LLCs â so readers can dissect all the issues, compare and contrast alternatives, advantages and disadvantages, and make the best planning decisions. Cutting-edge experts in the field present insightful discussions on the latest developments affecting passthroughs â in language that is clear, concise and practical. Appears bimonthly.
Journal of Taxation of Financial Products is the first journal devoted exclusively to the analysis of the tax ramifications of utilizing financial products. It is designed to provide readers with the vital current information they need for successful tax planning in the area of derivative financial products. The Journal emphasizes the tax treatment of hedges, identifies strategies to maximize the tax-inclusive return for investment vehicles and cross-border derivative transactions, and examines the tax uncertainty from new derivative products. Appears quarterly.
- Journal of Practical Estate Planning goes beyond the technical and legal aspects of estate planning to include critical perspectives on the philosophical, emotional and psychological factors that influence the planning process. It is packed with valuable estate planning strategies that include advice on how to incorporate client-centered and values-based planning into an existing practice, mixing philanthropic estate planning strategies with the traditional. The Journal offers valuable advice from experienced practitioners who provide sound, practical guidance to help simplify even the most complex estate planning strategies. Appears bimonthly.
- Journal of Tax Practice and Procedure offers practical and timely analysis of current issues and trends in the representation of taxpayers before the IRS, from initial contact through litigation. It emphasizes taxpayer advocacy and the protection of taxpayer and representative rights, analyzes legislative and regulatory changes and highlights industry shifts that present taxpayer representation issues. Appears bimonthly.
- Journal of Retirement Planning is dedicated entirely to the complex issues surrounding retirement planning. This journal delivers practical, timely information on one of the most important aspects of financial planning and is packed with insights and techniques for optimizing clients' retirement goals. It contains valuable analysis of financial and estate planning techniques, new technologies and best practices for building a successful retirement planning practice. Appears bimonthly.
- Taxes â The Tax Magazine, written by top tax experts, provides thorough, accurate and insightful analysis of current tax issues, trends, legislative developments, significant cases and administrative actions. First published in the 1920s as The National Income Tax Magazine, Taxes features succinct coverage of hot topics on the legal, accounting and economic aspects of federal and state taxes and alerts practitioners to planning opportunities and pitfalls. Appears monthly.Availability and PricingFor more information or to order one or more journals, contact CCH at 1-800-248-3248 or visit the CCH Online Store at onlinestore.cch.com. A one-year subscription to Taxes â The Tax Magazine is $225 for the print version, $260 for the Internet version, which includes access to all issues since 1998. A combined subscription to the print and Internet version of Taxes â The Tax Magazine is $350.For all other journals, the price is $205 for a one-year print subscription, $235 for an electronic subscription, which includes access to all issues since 1998 or commencement of publication, whichever is later. A combined subscription to the print and Internet version of a journal is $315. School pricing is available for all CCH journals.For More InformationAttendees of the American Association of Law Libraries annual conference held July 20-23 in Orlando can find additional information about CCH's journals at booth 503.About CCH INCORPORATEDCCH INCORPORATED, headquartered in Riverwoods, Ill., was founded in 1913 and has served four generations of business and legal professionals and their clients. The company produces more than 700 electronic and print products for the tax, legal, securities, insurance, human resources, health care and small business markets. CCH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wolters Kluwer U.S. The CCH web site can be accessed at cch.com. The CCH federal and state tax web site can be accessed at tax.cchgroup.com.CONTACT: LESLIE BONACUM
[email protected] ALLEN