This Resource Guide Brought To You By:
FREE SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES
- Making Ethical Decisions - Part One
- PwC Report Shows XBRL Still The Wave of The Future
- Accounting Camps Teach Students Real-Life Skills
- Successful Financial Crime Prevention
- Military Families Targeted by Latest Tax Scams
- Senate Republicans Reach Agreement on Dividend Tax Controversy
- Americans Oppose Estate or "Death" Tax
- IRS Sets New Tax Filing Season Records
- Deloitte CEO Stresses Integrity, Ethics in Commencement Speech
- Computerized CPA Exam Tutorial Now Available
- Book Recommendation: Accounting Best Practices, by Steven M. Bragg
$$ PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES $$
- Making The Most of Client Meetings
- Employees Feel They Are Stagnating - What Can You Do?
- The Significance of New Employee Orientation Programs
- Developing Your Company's Ethics Policy
Subscribe today to the "Premium Membership" for just $49/year.
FRx Forecaster makes it easy for your company to immediately realize the benefits of a budgeting and planning application. Request Tad Leahy's whitepaper, "The End of the Spreadsheet Budgeter", to discover the advantages of web based budgeting.
"You will never find time for anything. If you want the time, you must make it." - - Charles Buxton
FREE SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES
Ethical decision-making requires more than a belief in the
importance of ethics. It also requires ethical sensitivity to implications of choices, the ability to evaluate complex, ambiguous and incomplete facts, and the skill to implement ethical decisions effectively. Part one of five.
COMPLIMENTARY WORKSHOP - MAY 22 Join your colleagues at Summit 2003: Career and Life in the Balance, a complimentary workshop that presents the business case and best practices of work/life initiatives. Co-hosted by the AICPA, American Society of Women Accountants and American Woman's Society of CPAs, the event will be held on Thursday, May 22, at the AICPA office, 1211 Avenue of Americas in New York from 9 to 4. For more information, please call 212-596-6226 or visit http://www.aicpa.org/worklife
XBRL is expected to continue its growing influence on business reporting, especially in the post-Sarbanes-Oxley era of enhanced transparency and accountability, reported Big Four accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
This summer young people from all over the United States will participate in a variety of programs to help prepare the next generation of accountants for success in the business world.
CLIENT RELATIONS IDEA...
The next time your firm produces an internal or external newsletter, offer your top-level clients a small text advertisement for free! Help plug your clients and promote their services. It's a great inexpensive way to thank your clients.
While the ingenuity and complexity of today's huge corporate frauds make interesting reading, there are countless other varieties of financial wrongdoing plaguing companies that don't receive mass media attention.
11. Book Recommendation: Accounting Best Practices, by Steven M. Bragg
This book provides you with the most advanced techniques and strategies available today to help your business cut costs and improve accounting operations-regardless of your company's size or holdings. Accounting expert Steven Bragg has updated the Second Edition to include fifty new best practices, expanded appendices, and a new chapter on finance. Featuring an easy-to-read format and covering a wide variety of accounting areas, this essential accounting reference will help enhance and optimize your financial bottom line. Order Your Copy Today
$$ PREMIUM CONTENT $$
Premium Subscription Service - If you are receiving our e-mails, you are currently a registered member. If you have not yet upgraded your membership to the $49/year Premium Service, just go to the order page and enter your login and password to complete the order process.
RESOURCES ON ACCOUNTINGWEB
Click on any link below to find out more about the products and services highlighted.
Q & A FORUM
Visit the Q&A Forum "Member Questions" Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our subscribers. Add your comments and lend a hand!
1. 1099's For Bad Debt Write-off. I am in the collections
department of a service industry. I recently attended a
collections seminar and the presenter suggested that our company could report any amount that we wrote off for services received but never paid for an income to the debtor through the use of a 1099-MISC.
2. Treatment of Cash Received From The Seller For Buying a Property. The buyer bought 4 rental properties from the Real Estate Company. And in all the four cases, the Seller paid for the 10% down payment and Closing cost. Should we reduce the amount received, from the Purchase Price and take the net amount as Cost Basis for depreciation purposes and sale purposes or there is some other alternative to the situation.
3. Accounting For Contributions For a Church. Is there a
regulation now or soon to be passed that requires all
contributions received by a 501c3 church to be given in an
Visit the AccountingWEB news page for the latest news and
happenings around the profession. Just go to
Don't miss a beat, keep up-to-date with the AccountingWEB
Newswires, just go to https://www.accountingweb.com/pastnews
Visit the Hot Topics Page on AccountingWEB. See what other
members of AccountingWEB are reading!
You may modify your newswire subscriptions, cancel your newswire delivery or change your password information by visiting the Profile Page on our secure server.
Subscribe to the AccountingWEB Premium Subscription Service. If you are receiving this e-mail, you are currently a registered member. Just go to the order form and enter your login and password to begin the order process.
AccountingWEB has a variety of promotional opportunities available for you to market your company, services and products to our targeted audience of accounting professionals. Contact us today for more information.
Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."