The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters announced a series of new enhancements to the latest version of its Workpapers CS software. The new functionality includes document handling and workflow enhancements, image capture capabilities, digital annotation features, and more.
Workpapers CS is a completely new way to manage workpapers for tax engagements. It offers practitioners real-time online collaboration and powerful tools for managing documents and data from a variety of sources. Especially useful for business tax engagements, Workpapers CS enables practitioners to process all types of live workpapers electronically, perform trial balance calculations, and manage workpapers with a convenient and intuitive tree structure - complete with review notes, sign-off notations, and more.
The new capabilities are the next step in the tax and accounting profession's evolution toward a completely digital future, even in formerly paper-intensive areas like tax engagements, according to Scott Fleszar, vice president, strategic marketing, Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters.
"With Workpapers CS, we're building out the digital infrastructure that is enabling accounting firms to operate efficiently in a completely digital world," Fleszar said. "The digital environment needs to be as intuitive as operating on paper but with far greater efficiency. Workpapers CS provides the functionality to make that happen."
Enhancements in the new release include:
- The ability to create PDF files from mobile device camera captures or other sources and add tick marks, stamps, text, and more.
- New trial balance integration with Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to create a bookmarked PDF of an engagement binder and send it to FileCabinet CS or to a location on a local computer.
- The ability to preview workpapers directly in the workpapers dashboard.
- The ability to scan workpapers directly into the engagement binder on locally installed versions.
- The ability to finalize an engagement binder.
Applications like Workpapers CS are enabling tax and accounting professionals to provide better service in less time, and allowing for a completely digital audit trail that's easy to access and reference, according to Fleszar.
"Practitioners need to be looking at digitalization as more than an enhancement to their workflow; it's really a reinvention of the workflow around Cloud-based and mobile technology, and Workpapers CS is a key part of that," he said. "This latest release makes some important advances that will help practitioners create more efficient workflows, stay productive in and out of the office, and collaborate in new ways."