By definition, the word payroll refers to the list of employees of a particular company. However, the actual purview of this word extends to the total amount paid to the employees by the company, records of wages, bonuses, salaries of the workers, and withheld taxes, and the designated department of a company that handles these matters.
When you are running a company, you would need a considerable amount of manpower with professional skills and knowledge to take care of the payroll related matters. In South African cities like Cape Town, you would find a large number of taxation and accounting agencies that offer to manage the payroll of your company. With so many options, choosing a suitable service provider becomes incredibly difficult at times.
In this article, a few points will be discussed to simplify the meticulous process of selecting a payroll service provider in Cape Town. The points are as follows: (Information Credit – http://atlanticaccounting.co.za/accounting)
1. References and referrals: Before making your choice, it is important to consider the recommendations and feedback from others, such as your neighbours, colleagues, or relatives. Although some of these opinions can be misleading, after taking all of them into account you will get a relative measure of the quality of service offered by various payroll service providers and choose accordingly. You can also visit the corresponding website of the company and go through the rating and comments given by their clients.
2. Experience: Choosing a payroll service that offers a large amount of discount but does not possess any experience in this field can put you in serious trouble. First of all, there are several fraudulent agencies who use these discount offers to lure gullible clients. Secondly, the experience is invaluable when it comes to payroll services. If you go through a registered accounting agency’s website, you would find accurate information regarding their services and their experience in those areas.
3. Approach: The approach of the service provider is an important factor to consider for the selection process. The payroll service you choose should have a personalised approach towards the job at hand rather than a general approach. As the payroll structure of every company is different from each other, the service provider must cater to your individual requirements. Also, a decent customer service that provides round the clock service to the specific needs of a client is important for a personalised approach.
4. Service options and technology: A good service provider must offer a wide range of service options for the convenience of their clients. These services include filing and reporting of taxes, running payroll and payroll reports, handling vacation, sick day, and employee reimbursement, and much more. Also, the technology used by the service provider is an important entity to judge the efficiency of these services.
5. Pricing: The price of the service must be unequivocally mentioned in the corresponding website of the service provider. Also, you have to consider whether the amount is affordable or not.
After considering these matters and properly applying them, choosing a suitable payroll service should be fairly easy for you.