Keeping up with the latest trends, learning from those who have done what you want to do is a great way to move forward in building your business. I hope you’re reading all the experts and then forming your own opinion.
John L. Daly, MBA, CPA, CMA, CPIM, president of Executive Education, Inc., often includes in his webcasts for corporate financial managers a plea for everyone to read more nonfiction. John quotes a study that claims those who read at least seven nonfiction books every year earn 2-3 times more than those who only read one. Sounds good to me!
In his CPE Link webcasts, John has recommended:
· Good to Great by Jim Collins
· I May be Wrong, But I Doubt It by Douglas T. Hicks
· The Toyota Way by Jeffrey Liker
· Lean Thinking by James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones
Two of my favorites are:
· Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
· Crush It – Why NOW is the Time to Cash in on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
If you’re looking to get in the game with today’s social media strategies for building your practice, I would recommend:
· The New Social Learning by Marcia Conner and Tony Driscoll
Feeling a little stressed? I just re-read Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom which is classified as nonfiction, but reads like fiction. And it certainly serves to put your life in perspective if you’re feeling overwhelmed with work and a little bit whiney about it.
What are you reading?