Share this content

How do we get US withholding tax back?

How do we get US withholding tax back?

Didn't find your answer?

A community member at AccountingWEB UK recently posted a question about US withholding tax in the Any Answers section of the UK site. Can anyone from the US offer "NH" any advice? Here is the question:

A client has been short paid by a US customer and supplied with a 1042-S form showing $46.35 withheld as Federal tax. How does he get that back?

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By David Treitel American Tax
Jun 26th 2015 01:12

The client files a 1040NR with the IRS and obtains an ITIN.

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts