CPA Service Group is pleased to announce that Michael Simon Bodner, Ph.D. has joined its management team as its Chief Technology Officer. Dr. Bodner brings extensive experience developing software products for the public accounting industry based on his previous duties as the Chief Technology Officer at Thomson Creative Solutions, Inc.
Dr. Bodner's Responsibilities & Past Experience
Bodner's primary responsibilities will be to design and develop CPA Service Group's current and future SaaS (Software as a Service) offerings to the public accounting market.
Bodner is a Senior Technology Executive with considerable experience in a number of high technology ventures spanning almost thirty years. He has a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics and was one of the scientists assigned to the Apollo project at NASA while still a young man, Over the years he has been an innovator and a pioneer in the technology space and is responsible for a large number of methodologies, designs and applications that have influenced the industry during its most exciting expansive phase. Among his contributions have been:
- Global Technology Strategy for companies including Thomson and ProQuest.
- Chief Technology and Information Officer for Thomson Legal and Regulatory Global in Zurich, and Thomson Creative Solutions Accounting Divisions.
- CIO of a dot-com start-up that built one of the earliest and largest Web-based applications for the Behavioral Health Industry.
- Senior Internet Consultant for EDS in the Insurance sector serving Jackson National Life in Michigan.
- A number of early dot-com database projects.
- Medical Practice Software design, development and deployment.
- Developed software serving the Cornea Transplant, Tissue and Organ Transplant industry.
- Vision, design and deployment of early web based portals.
- Consulting and design for Banking, Oil & Gas, Real Estate and non-profits.
- Design and implementation of early local area network systems for large law firms.
- Professor of Physics and Astronomy
- Author of several technical books and dozens of professional magazine and journal articles.
Bodner is also an experienced public speaker and has presented at many national professional society meetings from Medicine to Accounting to Transplantation. His vision and strategy talents have formed the basis of Future State Planning for Thomson and ProQuest, as well as the core of a number of keynote sessions at Business Schools and Universities.
Bodner earned his Ph.D. at St. John's University in New York City.
About CPA Service Group
CPA Service Group provides CPAs in public practice with the tools to improve the quality and consistency in the reporting process, while allowing CPAs to focus more of their hours on more profitable and value added billable hours.
CPA Service Group was founded by a unique group of CPAs, with Big 4 and regional accounting firm experience, and program design specialists, with a solid background in software development that users find easy to use. This collaboration means that we truly understand what you need to get your work done.
Our easy to use SaaS (Software as a Service) applications eliminate the duplicate processes that create inconsistencies in audit documentation and creates consistency throughout all firm clients. CPA Service Group's tools will help inexperienced staff create the desired report with increased accuracy while decreasing manager and partner review time.
CPA Service Group's solutions will save firms time and money as well as increase quality and consistency with an easy to use software.