The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) recently announced the installment of its 2008-2009 Board of Directors. The Society, the fifth largest state CPA society in the country with nearly 24,000 members, is a professional organization dedicated to enhancing the value of the CPA profession.
The 22-member Board took office June 1, 2008 and will lead and advise the Illinois CPA Society, Illinois CPA Foundation and CPAs for the Public Interest (CPAsPI). Board members are accomplished individuals who represent various professional segments and are extremely dedicated to the profession.
Illinois CPA Society President and CEO Elaine Weiss welcomes the new 2008-2009 Board of Directors, comprised of the following individuals:
- Sheldon P. Holzman, CPA, CFE â Partner, Virchow, Krause & Company, LLP
Senior Vice Chairperson
- Lee A. Gould, CPA, JD, CFE â Managing Member, Gould & Pakter Associates LLC
- James P. Jones, CPA â Executive Vice President & COO, Edward Don & Company
- Michael J. Pierce, CPA â Managing Director, RSM McGladrey Inc.
- Ray Whittington, CPA â Dean, College of Commerce, DePaul University
- Charles G. Kuyk III, CPA â Partner, Crowe Chizek and Company LLC
- Sara J. Mikuta, CPA â CFO, Leaders Bank
Immediate Past Chairman
- Debra R. Hopkins, CPA, CIA â Director, Northern Illinois University CPA Review
Directors for Two-Year Term Ending May 31, 2010
- Brent A. Baccus, CPA â Washington Pittman & McKeever, LLC
- Therese M. Bobek, CPA â Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Cara C. Hoffman, CPA â Blackman Kallick LLP
- Charlotte A. Montgomery, CPA â Illinois State Museum
- Daniel F. Rahill, CPA â KPMG LLP
- Lawrence H. Shanker, CPA â ShankerValleau Accountants, Inc.
Directors with Two-Year Term Ending May 31, 2009
- Robert E. Cameron, CPA â Principal, Cameron Smith & Company PC
- William J. Cernugel, CPA â Alberto Culver Co. (retired)
- William P. Graf, CPA â Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Annette M. O'Connor, CPA â Manager, Financial Reporting, RR Donnelley Logistics
- Gerald A. Olson, CPA â Illinois Wesleyan University
- Mary Lou Pier, CPA â President, Pier & Associates Ltd.
Affiliate/Public Directors for One-Year Term Ending May 31, 2009
- Anthony M. Fuller â Director, Grant Thornton LLP
- Marian Powers, PhD â Adjunct Associate Professor of Accounting Information and Management, Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University