This Resource Guide Brought To You By
THIS WEEK'S TOPICS
- Survey Reveals More Organizations Detecting Fraud
- SEC Adopts Stricter Rules to Improve Disclosure to Investors
- Free Report: Get Computer Savvy: Managing Electronic Communications
- Incorporations Surge Even in Unpredictable Economy
- Entrepreneurs Expect Modest Startup Costs For Most New Ventures
- Survey: Workers Coping With Financial Strain of Health Care Costs
- IRS Helps Military Personnel Get New Law's Tax Breaks
- Report: Execs, Lawyers, Accountants to Blame For Enron's Fall
- Comprehensive Tax Guide Available at IRS.gov
- IMA Launches Sarbanes-Oxley Knowledge Network
- Book Recommendation: Trading Up: The New American Luxury
- Corporate Holiday Gift Etiquette
- Eight Tips For Effective Cocktail Conversation
- How to Stay Motivated Day in and Day Out
- Desktop Yoga? Helpful Stress Busters!
- Premium Members: Get $75 Off The 2004 Tax Tips Ticker
"Business is a lot like a game of tennis - those who serve well usually end up winning." - - Anonymous
AccountingWEB is pleased to bring you tools that can help systematize the accounting department of a small company, corporate business or a public accounting firm. Over 200 accounting department policy templates, written in Microsoft Word format by PolicySoft, are available individually or in groups for immediate download. Start the New Year out on the right track! Find out more today.
If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB login information, go to: https://www.accountingweb.com/forgotten_login.html
THIS WEEK'S FREE RESOURCES
Spurred by new government regulations and demands by investors, more companies today are working to uncover fraud, finding it, and taking action against those who commit fraud, according to a new survey.
Recently at an open meeting, the Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC) adopted rules that will improve disclosure to investors regarding the nominating committee processes of public companies and the ways by which security holders may communicate with directors at the companies in which they invest.
Beginning in early January through April 15, 2004, the IRS will provide Tax Tips for individual taxpayers. AccountingWEB has created a unique scrolling "Tax Ticker" for your firm to place on its Web site, which will display these weekly tips. This ticker will offer you dynamic content and a valuable client service with little time or effort on your part. Premium Members save $75.00 off your order. Order deadline is December 19, 2003. Find out more today and see a live example.
This free report, "Get Computer Savvy: Managing Electronic
Communications" will show you how to manage both the legal and practical risks of electronic communications, including the Internet, instant messaging, message boards, screen savers, and e-mail.
Economic indicators are showing that a sluggish economy and an uncertain world are not stopping Americans from starting their own businesses in record numbers.
Entrepreneurs project modest startup costs for most new
ventures, according to a recent study released. More than 80 percent of the entrepreneurs studied expected to cover their startup costs without bank loans, although on average they had saved only $2,000 towards that goal.
11. Book Recommendation: Trading Up: The New American Luxury, by Michael Silverstein, Neil Fiske
A fascinating look at why millions of consumers are "trading up" to premium goods, and how companies can profit from this phenomenon. Middle-market consumers have more discretionary income than ever before and are willing to pay extra for "new luxury" goods and services-items that delivers higher quality, technical advantages, and superior performance to conventional products. Above all, consumers are looking for emotional engagement; they look to products to help them manage the stresses of everyday life, and to help them realize their aspirations. Order your copy today.
Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. See a sampling below. Subscribe today for only $49/year.
This "most wonderful time of the year" can be most stressful for those who give or receive gifts in the workplace. Here are eight simple guidelines to help everyone navigate corporate gift giving and receiving etiquette.
With the Holiday season upon us, you may find yourself in
awkward situations at holiday parties, client gatherings and more. Make sure you are armed with this valuable information.
Motivation is functionally defined as possessing the self-
discipline to do what you need to do when you need to do it. Here are some tips to help you and your staff stay motivated.
Does working under tight deadlines and pressure increase your productivity? We all know that during the holiday season, and the upcoming tax season we are all under pressure. Humans by nature are meant to have high and low stress periods and if you prolong those highs you can actually decrease your productivity. Here are a few Desktop Yoga moves to help you make it through the day.
AccountingWEB is offering this 2004 Tax Tips Ticker feature
directly to you for only $375 for the entire tax season. That's less than three dollars a day for dynamic, hosted, relevant, and maintenance-free content for your Web site! Premium members save $75! Find out more today.
LAST WEEK'S HOT TOPICS ON ACCOUNTINGWEB
If you've forgotten your login details, we'll send you a reminder.
Click here for more Hot Topics on AccountingWEB
ACCOUNTINGWEB Q&A FORUM
Take a moment and lend a hand with some of the recent questions added to the AccountingWEB Q&A Forum. Review all the questions.
1. I'm looking for some guidance on how to use Retail Pro POS software. The company is not very helpful, directing us to the reseller at $75/hr. That's too steep for us right now.
2. We have a client incorporated in Oregon, but doing business in Puerto Rico for 2003. In researching the requirements for filing a tax return in Puerto Rico, it appears that we will need to attach audited financial statements prepared by a CPA licensed in Puerto Rico. Do we need to retain a CPA out of Puerto Rico and have them re-audit the financial statements? This is a huge burden - is there anyway around it?
3. I am looking for a definitive source on SEC reporting
requirements. It would be almost like an "SEC reporting for
MORE ON ACCOUNTINGWEB...
Your Personal Membership Information - Take a moment today to ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information in our records. Just go to your Profile Page and login to update your information today!
Login and Password Information - If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB.com login details, we'll send you a reminder.
Premium Subscriber Information - Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. Access to the growing library of the latest insights, ideas and tools is available for only $49 a year, just $4 a month.
Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."