AccountingWEB is pleased to present a new area of our web site, the Student Zone, designed with the accounting student and recent graduate in mind. We want our student and recent graduate readers to have a place where they can find news, tools, tips, and resources that will help them with classes, finding jobs and internships, and getting settled into a new workplace.
Student Zone will grow and change and become more robust with time. As we launch this area of our site, here is what you will find:
- Top Story: Each day the lead story appears in the Top Story spot, along with a quick synopsis you can read if you're in a hurry.
- Student News: Read the latest headlines that relate specifically to students. Recent stories have included news on topics such as the winners of the Elijah Watt Sells awards, how much can be expected in starting salaries for accounting graduates, whether or not the ranking of the school matters when you're choosing a business school, issues relating to changes in student loan programs and student tax credit programs.
- Student Features: Some stories are timeless and these you will find in the Student Features section. Recent additions to this section include stories about interview techniques, hot areas of accounting specialization, and how to create your ideal career.
- Questions and Advice: Have you got a question about the accounting profession, which classes are best to take, how to study for the GMATs, or even a homework question? Go ahead and post it here and look for responses from your peers. If you can help someone else, feel free to answer the other questions that appear here. And even if you just have something you want to get off your chest, Questions and Advice is the place to leave your commentary.
- Student Tools & Resources: Here's the section of our site that has information you can use. Read up on killer cover letters, pursuing a job in the technology field, creating a resume for that job or internship you want, scholarship for accountants, dressing for success, and much more.
As the Student Zone expands, look for a student job finder, CPA exam news and updates, tax information for students, and news of campus accounting groups.If your school's accounting program has news to share with other schools, send your story or your contact information to [email protected].