This Resource Guide Brought To You By:
FREE SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES
- AICPA Reviews Specialties, Reassures Credential Holders
- LoveGate Worm Crawling Through Computers Worldwide
- CCH's Annual Picks For The Most Quirky Tax Court Cases
- Study Looks at Investor Relations Web Sites
- Accountants Lobby For Cap on Liability Claims in Europe
- Are You Teaching Your Employees to Steal? (Part 1)
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Home-Based Business Tax Avoidance Strategies
- Deloitte's Dads Work For Father Friendly Company
- AccountingWEB Interviews: Bill Balhoff, Chairman of PCPS
- Busy Season Stress Busters Part Two!
- Pizza & Doughnut Winner: Kennedy and Coe, LLC
- Book Recommendation: The Power of Full Engagement
$$ PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES $$
- Keeping Your Clients Out Of The Competitive Pool
- Hidden Overhead - Hidden Expenses Cost Money
- How to Make Great Decisions
- Dealing With Conflict: Nine Tips For Introverts
- Networking Tip: Business Event Conversation Starters
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."
"Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching." - - George Van Valkenburg
Let "dbkeogh" help you develop and maintain defined benefit
pension plans that will allow you to provide a cost effective value added service to your small business and high-income self-employed clients. Using dbkeogh's Web site, you can provide your clients with plan documents and form 5500's (including schedule B) for less than $2,000 the first year and less than $1,000 a year thereafter. If you have a client or clients that needs TAX DEFERRAL for 2003, visit us at http://dbkeogh.com/cpa or contact us toll free at 866-325-3644 for more information.
FREE SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants announced last week its plan to evaluate the future of the organization's specialty credentials. Now, the AICPA has responded with a promise to continue supporting any member who holds a specialty designation, regardless of the future of the credentials.
A computer worm known as LoveGate was set loose on the computers of the world this past weekend and has been making its way from Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe to the United States. Virus protection software companies have been quick to prepare fixes for the worm and recommend that everyone make sure their anti-virus software is completely up to date.
FRx Forecaster makes it easy for your company to immediately realize the benefits of a budgeting and planning application. Request Tad Leahy's whitepaper, to discover the advantages of web based budgeting.
3. CCH's Annual Picks For The Most Quirky Tax Court CasesFrom hogs to wigglers, taxpayers and IRS tell odd tales in
court. Once again, CCH offers it's annual look at some of the more interesting tax cases that passed through the nation's courts during 2002. 4. Study Looks at Investor Relations Web SitesWhat do potential investors really want from an investor relations Web page? To find the answer, Jakob Nielsen, a researcher from Fremont, CA-based Nielsen Norman group, conducted a research study to assess user response to information on corporate Web sites. 5. Accountants Lobby For Cap on Liability Claims in EuropeLegal negligence claims against the Big Four firms threaten to decrease that number to the Big Three or less, according to David Devlin, President of the European Federation of
Accountants. With that concern, Devlin is leading a charge to lobby the European Union for caps on liability claims against accounting firms.
"2003 TAX CALENDAR"Visit the AccountingWEB.com 2003 Tax Calendar today!
6. Are You Teaching Your Employees to Steal? (Part 1)Gary Zeune, CPA, and CEO of "The Pros & The Cons," the only speakers bureau in the U.S. for white-collar criminals shares some insight with AccountingWEB on white-collar crime. 7. IRS Warns Taxpayers of Home-Based Business Tax Avoidance StrategiesThe Internal Revenue Service wants taxpayers to be aware of a tax reduction promotion being marketed by scam artists who claim that you can deduct most or all of your personal expenses, including most of the cost of operating your home, as a home-based business deduction.
INDUSTRY PROFILES â NOW JUST $79 EACHFinancial professionals across the nation have discovered the client service benefits of Industry Profiles. These profiles will help you with everything from Business Valuations to Audits to Sales & Marketing Call Preparation. The profiles are updated quarterly and new selections
are being added every month. Choose from over 130 specific industries! If you have been hesitating or have not yet discovered the benefit of industry profiles, now is the time to act.
8. Deloitte's Dads Work For Father Friendly CompanyThe non-profit Illinois Fatherhood Association, an organization dedicated to addressing the problem of fatherhood absence, has named Deloitte & Touche's Chicago office Illinois's Father Friendly Company of the Year. 9. AccountingWEB Interviews: Bill Balhoff, Chairman of PCPSAs part of a series of interviews with prominent members of the profession, AccountingWEB sits down with Bill Balhoff, current Chairman of PCPS, AICPA's Division for Firms, to get his perspective on what's happening in the profession.
10. Busy Season Stress Busters Part Two!Here are some more ideas to help ease the stress of tax season from the members of AccountingWEB.com. Take a look today and add your comments and/or suggestions. 11. Pizza & Doughnut Winner: Kennedy and Coe, LLCAccountingWEB is pleased to announce the winner of the
"AccountingWEB 2003 Free Pizza and Doughnuts Contest."
Kennedy and Coe, LLC, located in Topeka, Kansas is the lucky winner of free pizza and doughnuts from now through April 15th from Accountingweb.com.
12. Book Recommendation: The Power of Full Engagement, by Jim Loehr, Tony SchwartzThe authors, founders of and executives at LGE Performance
Systems, an executive training program based on athletic
coaching programs, offer a program aimed at stressed individuals who want to find more purpose in their work and ways to better handle their overburdened relationships. Just as athletes train, play and then recover, people need to recognize their own energy levels. "Balancing stress and recovery is critical not just in competitive sports, but also in managing energy in all facets of our lives. Emotional depth and resilience depend on active engagement with others and with our own feelings." Order today.
TOP NEWSVisit the AccountingWEB news page for the latest news and happenings around the profession. Just go to https://www.accountingweb.com/news
$$ PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES $$Premium Subscription Service - If you are receiving our e-mails, you are currently a registered member. If you have not yet upgraded your membership to the $49/year Premium Service, just go to the order page and enter your login and password to complete the order process. 1. Keeping Your Clients Out Of The Competitive PoolThe conventional wisdom is that it costs more to get a new
client than to keep an old one. And for once, the conventional wisdom is correct. The reality is that this new world is competitive in ways that it's never been before. Find out more today.2. Hidden Overhead - Hidden Expenses Cost MoneyMany execs confess that although their business is moving
forward, they find their time is consumed with, accepting or being dragged down by unwanted situations, problems or behavior. When you stop putting up with the things that hold you back, you begin to notice your life and career becoming easier and more fulfilling. 3. How to Make Great DecisionsYou never regret a correct decision. It stands the test of time. A series of correct decisions will build your certainty and confidence. And once those around you learn you are usually right, they follow your lead without hesitation. 4. Dealing With Conflict: Nine Tips For IntrovertsExtraverts choose people as a source of energy. Introverts choose solitude to recover energy. The accounting profession traditionally draws a higher percentage of introverts into its ranks. How can these people best cope with a world dominated by extraverts? 5. Networking Tip: Business Event Conversation StartersRecognize from the start that you are not there to sell any services. You are there to purposefully get to know others and explore potential opportunities for mutual gain. Take a deep breath, and try some of these ideas. FREE DOWNLOADPremium Members: Don't forget to download your FREE 35-Marketing Tips Document.
Q & A FORUM
Visit the Q&A Forum "Member Questions" Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our subscribers. Add your comments and lend a hand!
1. What are the steps involved in becoming an enrolled agent? Is this as acceptable as a CPA status?
2. Gift Tax on a Residence Not Lived in? 16 years ago, my parents bought a 2nd home for me and I have paid them rent ever since. Their mortgage was actually on their primary residence, not mine. We are now at a point where they want out of the situation and I plan to sell the home immediately and purchase a different home (also immediately). What are the tax implications for my parents?
3. Exempt Organization Tax Software. Is there a tax software that has the capability of doing 990's and the Indiana exempt organizations. We have unrelated business income, so that must also be taken into consideration.
You may modify your newswire subscriptions, cancel your newswire delivery or change your password information by visiting the Profile Page on our secure server.
Subscribe to the AccountingWEB Premium Subscription Service. If you are receiving this e-mail, you are currently a registered member. Just go to the order form and enter your login and password to begin the order process.
For a limited time, AccountingWEB is offering FREE skyscraper banners during the months of February and March 2003. AccountingWEB has a variety of promotional opportunities available for you to market your company, services and products to our targeted audience of accounting professionals. Contact us today for more information.
Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."