This Resource Guide Brought To You By
FREE SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES
- Making Ethical Decisions - Part Five of Five
- E&Y Has New Definition For a "Clean Audit"
- Record Number of Societies to Participate in MAP Survey
- Timeliness of Remitting Employee Contributions to Retirement Plans
- Study: Citigroup Board Deemed Weakest of All Large Boards
- House Passes Child Tax Credit; Moms and Toddlers Demonstrate
- IRS Web Site Offers Identification Numbers For Businesses
- Creating Summer Memories, Corporate Style
- Reports Blast Corporate Culture That Caused WorldCom Collapse
- Book Recommendation: Core Concepts of Consulting for Accountants
$$ PREMIUM CONTENT $$
- Brainstorming Techniques For Business Success
- Daily Habits For Developing The Art of Leadership
- An Investigator's Checklist of Vital Information Sources
- Niche Building in Professional Services Firms
- Internet Resource: Dictionary of Sound-Alike Words
"A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing." -- George Bernard Shaw
Hire the Best People for Your Government Division\
Free Information Kit
If you want a professional government division staff that is knowledgeable, skilled and experienced, turn to Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM) holders. They are serious about their careers, participate in professional development activities, and meet the rigorous standards endorsed by a national professional organization. Call 800-AGA-7211 for a FREE INFORMATION KIT AND GIFT or
visit us on the Web.
FREE SUBSCRIBER RESOURCES
Ethical decision-making requires more than a belief in the importance of ethics. It also requires ethical sensitivity to implications of choices, the ability to evaluate complex, ambiguous and incomplete facts, and the skill to implement ethical decisions effectively. Part five of five.
A recent report cited that Big Four firm Ernst & Young encouraged audit client HealthSouth Corp. to classify some rather unusual services under the umbrella of audit-related fees. The Securities and Exchange Commission may have a different view of the way in which these services should be described.
Comperio, the World's Most Comprehensive Library of Financial Reporting & Assurance Literature. Accounting regulations and concepts that were once simple and objective have become increasingly complex and voluminous. With Comperio, the answers you need are always available - right now, right at your fingertips. There is no software to install just go to the Comperio Web site and start researching! For your FREE 30-day trial of Comperio, visit us on the Web.
The 2003 National Management of an Accounting Practice Survey was launched last week with the highest number ever of state CPA societies, 44, agreeing to participate. The survey is designed to aid firms in analyzing and comparing their performance and profitability.
The Employee Benefits Security Administration has clarified and emphasized its position regarding the timeliness of remittances of participant contributions to employee retirement plans.
ATTENTION ACCOUNTINGWEB MEMBERS...
9th Annual SuperConference & Summer Symposium
Growing your business is all about making the right connections. If you're a CPA or professional advisor looking to strengthen your niche consulting services, expand your retirement planning or financial strategy planning services, you must attend! We've put all the right pieces together to bring you intensive industry-specific education, networking, valuable marketing resources/concepts along with practice and personal development tools ~ all under one roof! Find out more!
10. Book Recommendation: Core Concepts of Consulting for Accountants, by Nancy A. Bagranoff Stephanie M. Bryant James E. Hunton
This consulting guide with a strong AIS influence details material for several areas, including organizational behavior, interpersonal skills, and management, to provide a single information source for accountants providing consulting services. Order Your Copy Today!
TIME MANAGEMENT TIP
The key to having the time that you need to do what you want to do is simply to schedule time with yourself. If you treat yourself and "your" meetings like you treat your best clients, you shouldn't have a problem "finding" time to complete those hot projects that have been sitting on the back burner. To start, schedule a meeting with yourself every morning so you will have time to review your task list. This will etch out some time for you to focus on what you want to accomplish.
$$ PREMIUM CONTENT $$
If you have not yet upgraded your membership to the $49/year Premium Service, you can do so now!
We experience creativity every time a fresh idea pops into our minds. We recognize creative imagination in everything from a pastel painting to a business plan. By trying these ten tips, you will discover some amazing creative abilities that may surprise you.
This list offers some basic steps to consider when moving forward into a business partnership and/or alliance, that can decrease the chances for negative results and increase the chances for establishing a successful partnership.
The bedrock of any effective fraud investigation is a search pattern that covers the essential steps for information gathering...documentation of the fraud and calculation of the loss, to both the client and to a court of law.
Many professional service firms are creating specialty areas within their practices and in some cases whole new "offspring" companies to respond to the changing demands of clients and to create growth opportunities for associates and younger staff.
Selecting the right word when you write helps you communicate more clearly. Many words in the English language that business people use can be mixed-up with another word that sounds like it or looks similar,
such as right and write, or affect and effect. Check out over 862 of these words, what they mean, and how to use them correctly in a sentence.
- 2003 TAX LEGISLATION SUMMARY
- THE MARKETING DIRECTOR CD
- INDUSTRY PROFILES
- ACCOUNTING POLICY TEMPLATES
ACCOUNTINGWEB Q & A FORUM
Visit the Q&A Forum "Member Questions" Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our subscribers. Add your comments and lend a hand! See the most recent questions added below.
1. I'm looking for Sample policies on CPE Reimbursement. We are looking at implementing a policy to hold the employee responsible for repayment of non-local CPE, CPE focused on Specialty or CPE over a particular dollar amount if employee voluntarily leaves. Any input would be appreciated.
2. What COPAS or other publication is available to compute O/H rates?
3. My father died, in Florida, a couple of weeks ago and need to find out which tax returns need to be filed and when. Also, how long will each have to be filed, other than the 1040. They currently file: married filing jointly.
Visit the AccountingWEB news page for the latest news and
happenings around the profession. Just go to
Don't miss a beat, keep up-to-date with the AccountingWEB
Newswires - just go to https://www.accountingweb.com/pastnews
Visit the Hot Topics Page on AccountingWEB. See what other
members of AccountingWEB are reading!
Contact us today for more information on how to advertise on AccountingWEB!
You may modify your newswire subscriptions, cancel your
newswire delivery or change your password information by
visiting the Profile Page on our secure server
Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."