This News Wrap-Up Brought To You By:
THIS WEEK'S NEWS
- PCAOB Chief Warns Auditors of "Grave Consequences" For Misdeeds
- CFOs Measuring Cost of Sarbanes-Oxley Implementation
- Deal Puts WorldCom on Path to Solvency
- Special: In Remembrance of September 11, 2001
- House Fails in Effort to Stop EIC Pre-Certification Program
- First Enron Executive is Sent to Prison
- FASB Addresses, Delays Stock Option Rule Setting
- Health Insurance Costs Continue to Soar: Will it Ever End?
- Congress May Impose Cyber-Security Reporting Requirements
- Treasury, IRS Issue Guidance: Add'l Bonus Depreciation Allowance
- SPECIAL ALERT: New Computer Alerts and Updates
*** SPONSOR OFFER ***
AccountingWEB is pleased to bring you tools that can help systematize the accounting department of a small company, corporate business or a public accounting firm. Over 200 accounting department policy templates, written in Microsoft Word, are available for immediate download. You can choose from eight groups. Check them out today!
*** PLATT'S PERSPECTIVE ***
You can tell a lot about a person from the way they behave at a networking event. I had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to watch CPAs, attorneys and investment bankers in action at a business-after-hours event.
The attorneys zeroed in on the most important people in the room and dominated those people's time and attention. The CPAs looked for an opening in a conversation, invited themselves in and stayed with that conversation for the better part of the evening. And the investment bankers? They sought out people they didn't know, boldly stepped into the middle of the conversation, extended their hand firmly to introduce themselves, and gave everyone their business card.
Yes, you can learn a lot about people at networking events. What does the way you behave tell others about you?
Michael Platt, CEO
e-mail Mike Platt
If you are trying to access articles on the AccountingWEB site, you may need to be logged into the site, if you have not already done so in the past few months. If you have forgotten your login information, go to our Forgotten Login Page
THIS WEEK'S NEWS
William McDonough, the head of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, issued his first public policy address this week, and his tone left no question about his approach to oversight.
A recent survey of corporate chief financial officers found concern, confusion, and more than a little "sticker-shock."
The nation's largest bankruptcy filing could be on its way to resolution after WorldCom agreed to pay $385 million more to address some of the biggest roadblocks it had faced in reemerging from bankruptcy.
*** SPONSOR OFFER ***
Would your marketing efforts be enhanced if you had better systems and processes in place? The Marketing Director CD offers the systems, the tools, and the information you need to save time, money, and get results. "Take a Tour" for a comprehensive overview of what Marketing Director is all about. Use promotional code "AWEB" to save $50 on your order.
On this second anniversary of the events of September 11, 2001, we wanted to again bring you "Thoughts From Manhattan," an essay written by a Marketing Director of a CPA firm in mid-town Manhattan on his thoughts and observations as the sun set on that memorable day.
MORE NEWS. . .
11. SPECIAL ALERT: New Computer Alerts and Updates
Visit the AccountingWEB News Page for the latest updates!
ACCOUNTINGWEB PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS
Access to this growing library of the latest insights, ideas and tools is available for only $49 a year. See a sampling of this week's Premium Subscription content below.
Free Download With Premium Subscription Purchase: If you are not a Premium subscriber to AccountingWEB, do so for only $49/year. This fee gives you access to all premium content, including featured articles and resources for one full year. Each new subscription includes a FREE Downloadable document, "Thirty Five No-Cost or Low-Cost Marketing Tips. Find out more.
LAST WEEK'S HOT TOPICS
PLEASE NOTE: If you are trying to access archived articles on the AccountingWEB site, you will need to login to the site, if you have not already done so. If you have forgotten your login information, we'll remind you!
Click here for more Hot Topics on AccountingWEB
ACCOUNTINGWEB Q & A FORUM
Visit the AccountingWEB Question and Answer Forum for this week's topics. Post your comments and/or questions and lend a hand today!
THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RESOURCE
Discover the client service benefits of Industry Profiles from First Research. Whether you need to get immediate access to a specific profile at a client's office, or at home, all you need to do is log on to AccountingWEB.com. The $99 cost also includes any and all updates to your specific industry for one full year. Find out more today.
MORE ON ACCOUNTINGWEB...
MARKETING EXPERTISE FROM ACCOUNTINGWEB.COM
If your company is launching a new product or service, let us help you with marketing. We have over four years of hands-on experience working with an online community of accounting professionals. We'll help steer you in the right direction for the best return on investment. We'd be happy to customize a campaign to suit your needs. Just let us know your goals and your budget and we can customize a solution that fits your needs! Contact us today for more information.
- Your Personal Membership Information - Take a moment today to ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information in our records. Just go to your Profile Page and login to update your information today!
- Login and Password Information - If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB.com login details, we'll send you a reminder.
- Premium Subscriber Information - Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. Subscribe Today for only $49/year!Premium Subscription Renewal: If you wish to renew your current Premium subscription, do so here!Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc. (R)
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."