BDO Seidman Launches New Service Offering; Anti-Fraud Program
FIRSTGlobal InvestigationsSM, a division of BDO Seidman LLP, today announced the rollout of the Critical Anti-fraud Procedures (CAP) Programs. This new service offering is responsive to the heightened awareness in corporate America, and specifically at the board level, of the need to take a pro-active approach to preventing corporate fraud.
"As professional investigators and forensic accountants, we have experienced unprecedented growth in recent years as financial frauds resulting in billions of dollars in losses have been uncovered," said Carl Pergola, National Director of FIRSTGlobal Investigations. "Unfortunately, the vast majority of our work comes in reaction to some form of financial misconduct after the damage has already been done. The CAP program is designed to both prevent frauds from occurring and limit the devastating effects financial crime can have on an organization."
The CAP program takes a comprehensive approach to assisting organizations in adding a layer of protection for deterring and detecting fraud, and, most importantly, creating an anti-fraud environment. The program is comprised of five critical procedures:
- Employment and Pre-Employment Screening - Development of proactive hiring procedures, including background investigations and reference checks, based on level of responsibility and access to valuable assets. Periodic reviews of employee backgrounds and updates for promoted employees.
- Ethics & Integrity Policies, Awareness and Training - Creates an anti-fraud environment by establishing and implementing ethics and integrities policies through awareness and training.
- Anonymous Fraud Hot Line - Provides a confidential, safe and secure method of communication for employees to report fraud concerns or any irregularities. Affords an employee the opportunity to report concerns to a third party without fear of retribution or reprisal.
- Employee Education for Fraud Detection and Prevention - Educates employees on the elements of fraud, current schemes to be aware of, and the red flags to look for to identify a potential fraud. Involves employees in the monitoring process.
- Fraud Investigations - Rapid response to indications that fraud and or irregularities may exist and ascertaining if more in-depth investigation is warranted.
FIRSTGlobal InvestigationsSM provides investigative, forensic accounting and consulting services under one roof. The professionals of FIRSTGlobal Investigations are former federal agents, certified fraud examiners, licensed private investigators, forensic accountants, former bank and regulatory investigators, and technology consultants. Specific services provided by FIRSTGlobal Investigations include a wide variety of complex financial analysis and forensic services; preservation and analysis of computer evidence; investigative due diligence; background investigations; identification and assistance with the recovery of criminally derived assets; and investigations involving workplace disputes and corporate corruption.