Tips for Shrewd Savers
The British publication, The Telegraph, has published a list of quick tips for clever savers. No matter what country you call home, keep these tips in mind as you assess your savings in the current economic downturn. Follow this link for additional descriptive information.
- Invest in something you understand
- Keep your cool
- Know the risk
- Limit your risk
- Consider your age - this is a factor in determining your definition of long- and short-term
- Keep money accessible for a rainy day
- Spread the risk over multiple investments
- Don't choose to invest long-term unless you can live without the cash for the long term
- Don't hesitate to sell when you have made a profit
- Don't take advice from strangers
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.