Use MS Outlook to Get Detailed Map Directions!
Next time you're getting ready to leave the office on an engagement or a marketing call, make sure you have accurate directions to the client’s office. If you use Microsoft Outlook as your contact management tool, try this nifty feature.
Outlook and Expedia.com Maps provide you with detailed directions to the contact's address. You may need to install this feature if it has not been installed on your computer already. Note: You must be connected to the Internet when using this feature.
To see a map of a contact's address:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- In Microsoft Outlook, open your contacts folder.
- Double-click on the contact whose address you want to locate.
- Under the Address button, click the down arrow, and then click the type of address you want to find on a map—Business, Home, or Other. Make sure the address appears correctly in the space provided.
- From the Actions menu, choose Display Map of Address. Your Web browser will open and display a map of the contact's address using the Expedia.com Maps Web site.
Note: On the Expedia.com Maps Web site, you might need to first specify additional information in order to display the map. If the Web site can't display a map for the address, verify that you have entered the address correctly. Once you are in Expedia.com you can do a detailed search if you need additional information.