Ten Quick Internet Tips To Save You Time
AccountingWEB has compiled a few tips, courtesy of Microsoft, to help you save time when you're online. These tips are for users of the Microsoft Explorer browser.
- To search for a word or phrase on a Web page, press CTRL+f to open the Find dialog box. Type in the word or phrase you are looking for.
- To go to a new web location, press CTRL+o.
- You can quickly put a shortcut to any Web page on your desktop by right-clicking in the page and then left-clicking Create Shortcut.
- To quickly save a Web page to your Favorites list, press CTRL+d.
- You can send a Web page or Web page link by e-mail by clicking the File menu, pointing to Send, and then clicking Page by E-mail or Link by E-mail.
- To scroll up to the beginning of a page slowly, press the UP ARROW. To scroll up to the beginning of a page quickly, press PAGE UP.
- You can make sure the Web page you are viewing contains the latest information by pressing F5 to refresh it.
- You can remove a shortcut from your Favorites or Links list or menu by right-clicking it and then left-clicking Delete.
- To quickly move your cursor into the Address bar press ALT+d.
- Instead of clicking the Back button, you can press the BACKSPACE key or Alt+left arrow to move back a page. Pressing Alt+right arrow moves you forward a page.
If you would like to see more tips, or if you would like to display a "Tip of the Day" on your computer, go to the Help menu in Microsoft Explorer, and click Tip of the Day.