Sleeter Group honors seven technologies as Awesome Add-Ons
The Sleeter Group network of QuickBooks consultants has announced its selections for the "2009 Awesome Add-ons for QuickBooks." The Sleeter Group presents the awards annually to recognize technologies that help enhance the functionality of the QuickBooks business management software.
Add-on programs are essential to many small and mid-sized businesses, providing them with functions and capabilities specific to their industry. They improve such key areas as inventory, time management, invoicing, e-commerce and other functions, helping the companies be more efficient, productive and profitable.
The Sleeter Group selects the annual Awesome Add-ons from the more than 400 products, technologies and services designed to enhance QuickBooks. The large number of options available to business users presents The Sleeter Group with the meticulous task of selecting a shortlist of the most productive and effective solutions. All of this year's Awesome Add-ons are members of Intuit's QuickBooks Developer Network and integrate directly with QuickBooks.
"After thoroughly vetting these programs, we select those that demonstrate superior integration with QuickBooks, ease-of-use, overall design, outstanding features and conformance with appropriate accounting standards," said Doug Sleeter, founder of The Sleeter Group. "In short, before we call it 'awesome,' a product must prove its potential value to the small business market."
The companies awarded The Sleeter Group's 2009 Awesome Add-ons for QuickBooks are:
- Attitude Positive, for AccuPOS, a leading Point of Sale solution for QuickBooks users in the Retail and Restaurant industries. http://www.AccuPOS.com
- Bill.com, for its web-based service that automates the Accounts Payable process, provides online business document filing, and offers an online "portal" where A/P documents can be faxed or emailed and all A/P data entry and management is performed. http://www.Bill.com
- Corrigo, for WorkTrack Service Management, a Web-based, wireless work order tool that eliminates paperwork, provides better dispatching for the back office, improves payroll, and integrates with accounting. http://www.WorkTrack.com
- Edison's Attic, for BigTime, a completely Web-based time and billing solution that can be hosted internally or by the vendor. http://www.EdisonsAttic.com
- Results Software, for Results Customer Relationship Management (CRM), providing QuickBooks users with a complete and flexible approach to business contact and information management. http://www.Results-Software.com
- Right Networks, for Right Networks ASP, which enables the remote hosting of desktop applications, including QuickBooks, and provides anywhere access via an Internet connection, with banking-class security and automatic off-site back-ups. http://www.RightNetworks.com
- SmartVault, for its self-named Web-based document storage and management system for QuickBooks users, plus online automated backup of QuickBooks company files. http://www.SmartVault.com
About The Sleeter Group
The Sleeter Group is a nationwide community of experts who provide QuickBooks consulting services to small business owners. Since 1993, it has trained more than 30,000 business and accounting professionals through seminars and conferences. The group also publishes QuickBooks reference materials and textbooks used by more than 100 colleges in the United States.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.