Sleeter Conference embraces 'tomorrow's world' of accounting
by AccountingWEB on
By Kara Haas, CPA
The Sleeter Group will bring powerful vendors, speakers, and networking opportunities to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas for the 8th Annual Accounting Solutions Conference, November 7-9, 2011.
The theme of this year's conference is "tomorrow's world" of accounting, and the conference will feature exhibitors and sessions that embrace Cloud computing, appeal to the next generation of clients, and encourage existing clients to take advantage of advances in our profession.
Take advantage of early pricing discounts extended through September 15, 2011.
Join Diamond Sponsor, Intuit, and Platinum Sponsors; BigTime, CPA2Biz, Sage, and Xero for an encompassing look at the latest developments in financial accounting solutions.
- Do you have specific product questions? Work one on one with vendors to identify solutions, dazzle your clients, and grow your practice. Stop by the Intuit Academy for training on the latest versions of QuickBooks and other Intuit products. See what is new in the 2012 product releases.
- Explore the diverse Sage product line of financial products Peachtree, ERP, MAS, and Accpac, along with industry solutions Timberline, Master Builder, and MIP Fund Accounting.
- Are you considering exploring the cloud, but not certain where to begin? Join Rod Drury, CEO of Xero, an award-winning online accounting solution, as he takes you through the evolution of Accounting software and the exciting opportunities that await you in the Cloud. See how utilizing online tools will change the way you and your clients interact and enhance your role as a trusted advisor.
- CPA2Biz, a subsidiary of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is a leader in helping accountants and advisors navigate cloud-based tools that deliver comprehensive client focused solutions. See CPA2Biz products Intacct, Bill.com, Copanion GruntWorx, XCM Solutions, Confirmation.com, and CPA2Biz Email Solutions in action.
- Rounding out the presence in the Cloud is BigTime, a web-based time and billing application. Witness how professional service firms are able to capture time, expenses, projects, contacts, meeting and messages and integrate with existing products.
Catch up with representatives from other financial, industry-specific, and complimentary products. Check the growing list of vendors and see their solutions first hand. Walking tours of the exhibit halls will insure that you do not miss any of these great vendors!
The Sleeter Conference attracts top keynote speakers well-versed in the accounting and technology industries. This year's headline list includes: Erik Asgeirsson, Randy Johnston, Mark Koziel, Himanshu Palsule, Leslie Shiner, and Doug Sleeter.
Balance the volume of knowledge with Yoga and Cardio sessions or a trip to Hoover Dam.
Social Media is becoming a key piece of rounding out complete firms. Michelle Long will be leading a special networking session for attendees and vendors on Sunday evening. Seasoned tweeters will have an opportunity to place twitter handles with faces. New tweeters will be able to learn valuable tips and witness the power of social media.
While planning my fall conference calendar, I polled QuickBooks blogger, Michelle Long to inquire why I should include this conference in my schedule. Long said, "The Sleeter Group's Accounting Solutions Conference offers a great opportunity for learning more about products, services, technology, and other topics which can help you better serve clients and grow your business. Plus, it is a great networking opportunity with your peers, speakers, and vendors which can be invaluable all year long."
It is rare that I make a decision without running it past Twitter.
I'll be there. How about you? Join us and let us know to look for you at the tweet up.
You may like these other stories...
Event Date: May 29, 2014 In this presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA brings you up to speed on the Excel feature you should be using, but probably aren't. The Table feature offers the ability to both...
No field likes its buzzwords more than technology, and one of today's leading terms is "the cloud." But it's not just a matter of knowing what's fashionable. Accounting professionals who know how to use...
There is a growing trend of accountants moving away from traditional compliance work to more advisory work. Client demand is there, but it is up to the accountants to capitalize on that. What should accountants' roles be...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
Is everyone at your organization meeting your client service expectations? Let client service expert, Kristen Rampe, CPA help you establish a reputation of top-tier service in every facet of your firm during this one hour webinar.
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA introduces you to a powerful but underutilized macro feature in Excel.
This material focuses on the principles of accounting for non-profit organizations' revenues. It will include discussions of revenue recognition for cash and non-cash contributions as well as other revenues commonly received by non-profit organizations.
During the second session of a four-part series on Individual Leadership, the focus will be on time management- a critical success factor for effective leadership. Each person has 24 hours of time to spend each day; the key is making wise investments and knowing what investments yield the greatest return.