Sleeter Conference embraces 'tomorrow's world' of accounting
by AccountingWEB on
By Kara Haas, CPA
The Sleeter Group will bring powerful vendors, speakers, and networking opportunities to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas for the 8th Annual Accounting Solutions Conference, November 7-9, 2011.
The theme of this year's conference is "tomorrow's world" of accounting, and the conference will feature exhibitors and sessions that embrace Cloud computing, appeal to the next generation of clients, and encourage existing clients to take advantage of advances in our profession.
Take advantage of early pricing discounts extended through September 15, 2011.
Join Diamond Sponsor, Intuit, and Platinum Sponsors; BigTime, CPA2Biz, Sage, and Xero for an encompassing look at the latest developments in financial accounting solutions.
- Do you have specific product questions? Work one on one with vendors to identify solutions, dazzle your clients, and grow your practice. Stop by the Intuit Academy for training on the latest versions of QuickBooks and other Intuit products. See what is new in the 2012 product releases.
- Explore the diverse Sage product line of financial products Peachtree, ERP, MAS, and Accpac, along with industry solutions Timberline, Master Builder, and MIP Fund Accounting.
- Are you considering exploring the cloud, but not certain where to begin? Join Rod Drury, CEO of Xero, an award-winning online accounting solution, as he takes you through the evolution of Accounting software and the exciting opportunities that await you in the Cloud. See how utilizing online tools will change the way you and your clients interact and enhance your role as a trusted advisor.
- CPA2Biz, a subsidiary of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is a leader in helping accountants and advisors navigate cloud-based tools that deliver comprehensive client focused solutions. See CPA2Biz products Intacct, Bill.com, Copanion GruntWorx, XCM Solutions, Confirmation.com, and CPA2Biz Email Solutions in action.
- Rounding out the presence in the Cloud is BigTime, a web-based time and billing application. Witness how professional service firms are able to capture time, expenses, projects, contacts, meeting and messages and integrate with existing products.
Catch up with representatives from other financial, industry-specific, and complimentary products. Check the growing list of vendors and see their solutions first hand. Walking tours of the exhibit halls will insure that you do not miss any of these great vendors!
The Sleeter Conference attracts top keynote speakers well-versed in the accounting and technology industries. This year's headline list includes: Erik Asgeirsson, Randy Johnston, Mark Koziel, Himanshu Palsule, Leslie Shiner, and Doug Sleeter.
Balance the volume of knowledge with Yoga and Cardio sessions or a trip to Hoover Dam.
Social Media is becoming a key piece of rounding out complete firms. Michelle Long will be leading a special networking session for attendees and vendors on Sunday evening. Seasoned tweeters will have an opportunity to place twitter handles with faces. New tweeters will be able to learn valuable tips and witness the power of social media.
While planning my fall conference calendar, I polled QuickBooks blogger, Michelle Long to inquire why I should include this conference in my schedule. Long said, "The Sleeter Group's Accounting Solutions Conference offers a great opportunity for learning more about products, services, technology, and other topics which can help you better serve clients and grow your business. Plus, it is a great networking opportunity with your peers, speakers, and vendors which can be invaluable all year long."
It is rare that I make a decision without running it past Twitter.
I'll be there. How about you? Join us and let us know to look for you at the tweet up.
You may like these other stories...
Cybersecurity is no longer the domain of an organization's IT staff. It's moved to the boardroom, and in a big way. Accountants and financial managers may have been thinking it's just the province of the tech...
You probably don't want to think about how many times you access the File menu in Excel 2010 or 2013. Personally I think Excel 2010 has the best possible File menu arrangement, other than having Print Preview grafted...
Following other recent high-profile hacking events, investigators discovered yesterday that hackers broke into the draft work paper files of several famous CPA firms. Revealing images of the scantily clad documents have been...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.
This webcast will include discussions of important issues in SSARS No. 19 and the current status of proposed changes by the Accounting and Review Services Committee in these statements.
Kristen Rampe will share how to speak and write more effectively by understanding your own and your audience's communication style.
Amber Setter will show the value of leadership assessments as tools for individual and organizational leadership development initiatives.