Sent the Wrong E-mail? Retrieve It Quickly Using Outlook
If you use Microsoft Exchange Server as your e-mail server, and the recipient uses Outlook, you can recall the message before the person has a chance to read it.
You have checked and double-checked your e-mail message for spelling and content errors before sending it, you click the SEND button, but to your horror, you see an error just before the message leaves your screen! Don't you wish you could just reach out in space and pull that message out of the recipient's inbox?
You can! To recall an e-mail message before it has been read, just follow these instructions:
- In Outlook, click on your Sent Items folder to view its contents.
- Double-click the message you want recalled.
- With the message displayed, open the Actions menu, and click Recall This Message.
- To recall the message, choose Delete unread copies of this message. To replace the message with another one, choose Delete unread copies and replace with a new message, click OK, and then type a new message.
- To be notified about the success of the recall or replacement for each recipient, select the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient check box.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.