More than 2,000 expected to attend Illinois technology show
The Illinois CPA Society, the fifth largest CPA society in the country with more than 24,000 members, is holding its 28th Annual Business & Technology Solutions Show to explore current issues and showcase new technology and products.
WHAT: The Midwest's premier event for finance and business professionals features the latest solutions in accounting and tax software, office products, payroll and HR resources, and document management. Exhibitors include Microsoft Corporation, Harris, SmartVault, Warehouse Direct, MorganFranklin, Alliant Credit Union and more. Among the show's special features are the CCH Educational Center and the Intuit Product Experience Zone with hands-on demonstrations.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 19, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 20 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
5555 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
WHO: Scheduled speakers include:
- Sheldon P. Holzman, CPA, CPE, Chair, Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors and Partner, Virchow, Krause & Company LLP, Chicago, IL and Elaine Weiss, President and CEO, Illinois CPA Society - State of the CPA Profession
- Dana "Rick" Richardson, CPA.CITP, Technology Futurist & President, Richardson Media & Technologies, LLC, Canton, CT - Tomorrow's Technologies
- William Strauss, Senior Economist and Economic Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago - Economic Assessment
- Marian Powers, PhD, Adjunct Professor, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL - International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are Coming. Are You Ready?
- David B. Burritt, CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Caterpillar, Inc., Peoria, IL - How Caterpillar Competes in Today's Environment.
About the Illinois CPA Society
The Illinois CPA Society, founded in 1903, is the fifth largest state CPA society in the nation, with approximately 24,000 members. It is the premier professional organization that represents CPAs in Illinois. During its over 100 years of existence, the Society has advanced the highest ethical and financial standards of the profession, and has been a leader in educating the public on financial issues.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.