Mark Your Calendar: 2005 State Of Regulatory Compliance Summit
This month marks the third anniversary of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002. In recognition of that milestone, BindView Corp., is hosting the 2005 State of Regulatory Compliance Summit at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. on July 19 beginning at 10 a.m. EST.
“Three years after the passage of Sarbanes-Oxley, U.S. business finds itself having to come to grips with a complex array of new regulations. While the goals of these recent laws are certainly laudatory, the cost of compliance is also enormous, with 2005 expenses expected to hit the $15 billion watermark,” says Steve Kahn, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing for BindView. “As a result, organizations are searching for new methodologies to curb the rising costs and contain the complexity. BindView has assembled luminaries and thought leaders for an interactive discussion designed to provide greater insight and concrete guidance on critical issues affecting both the public and private sectors.”
Among the panel of experts and executives who will be discussing today’s regulatory environment at the Summit are:
- Arthur Levitt, former, and longest serving, Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- James C. Foster, deputy director of global security solution management of Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- Everett C. Johnson, CPA, international president of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), president of the IT Governance Institute (ITGI) and chair of the AICPA Privacy Task Force.
- John C. Parmigiani, president of John C. Parmigiani and Associates, LLC.
- David A. Richards, CIA, CPA, president of The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA)
- Eric J. Pulaski, BindView founder.
If you are interested in attending the Summit, you can register at www.bindview.com/2005/DCSummit.