KPMG Survey Shows Companies Think Cloud Will Improve Data Analysis
by AccountingWEB on
By AccountingWEB Staff
After conducting a survey at the Oracle Open World conference, KPMG was able to glean some significant information regarding how companies are feeling about a move to the cloud. Overall, the survey made it clear that companies’ needs are driving their investment decisions when it comes to upgrading and advancing their enterprise resource planning (ERP).
“Leading companies are utilizing IT upgrades to better manage their data, where to store the data as a means of becoming more agile, and finding improved ways to analyze their data and turn information into knowledge that is actionable,” said KPMG National Advisory Innovation Leader Stephen G. Hasty.
Here’s what the survey revealed:
- Forty-one percent of the 336 respondents said their organization planned an ERP upgrade, with 26 percent planning for implementation in the next twelve months.
- Nearly half (49 percent) of the survey respondents acknowledged their organization was overwhelmed with data, making decision-making difficult.
- Fifty-nine percent said consideration of a cloud strategy will present future data-management challenges, although 56 percent of the respondents acknowledged that cloud can help them become more agile and competitive.
- Forty-eight percent of the respondents said an ERP upgrade was an opportunity to improve operational efficiency, eliminate manual processes (42 percent), improve alignment between IT and the business units (37 percent), and improve compliance (34 percent).
- Sixty-two percent said their organization is working to improve decision making by determining how to best analyze existing information.
- Fifty-three percent said migration to a cloud environment will raise a broad set of business transformation issues that need to be better understood across the organization before adopting such a strategy.
- More than half (59 percent) of the respondents said cutting through the complex web of their stored corporate data and market events and conditions in order to make appropriate decisions has become a concern for senior management, and 54 percent said it had become a concern for their board of directors.
You may like these other stories...
For the first time in the five-year history of Vault.com’s rankings of the top 50 accounting firms to work for in North America, a firm has held the top spot as best accounting employer for two consecutive years....
With tomorrow being Tax Day, you might see some procrastinators at your office filling out forms, printing out paperwork, or getting last-minute tax advice from their accountant so they can meet the IRS’s filing...
You can read volumes on how to manage an accounting practice. But if you want the quick version, just read the following four points. Everything else is just commentary. (These points come out of the 1997 book, The...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this exciting presentation Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares tricks that you can use with pivot tables every day. Remember, either you work Excel, or it works you!
Is everyone at your organization meeting your client service expectations? Let client service expert, Kristen Rampe, CPA help you establish a reputation of top-tier service in every facet of your firm during this one hour webinar.
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA introduces you to a powerful but underutilized macro feature in Excel.
This material focuses on the principles of accounting for non-profit organizations' revenues. It will include discussions of revenue recognition for cash and non-cash contributions as well as other revenues commonly received by non-profit organizations.