KPMG Survey Shows Companies Think Cloud Will Improve Data Analysis
by AccountingWEB on
By AccountingWEB Staff
After conducting a survey at the Oracle Open World conference, KPMG was able to glean some significant information regarding how companies are feeling about a move to the cloud. Overall, the survey made it clear that companies’ needs are driving their investment decisions when it comes to upgrading and advancing their enterprise resource planning (ERP).
“Leading companies are utilizing IT upgrades to better manage their data, where to store the data as a means of becoming more agile, and finding improved ways to analyze their data and turn information into knowledge that is actionable,” said KPMG National Advisory Innovation Leader Stephen G. Hasty.
Here’s what the survey revealed:
- Forty-one percent of the 336 respondents said their organization planned an ERP upgrade, with 26 percent planning for implementation in the next twelve months.
- Nearly half (49 percent) of the survey respondents acknowledged their organization was overwhelmed with data, making decision-making difficult.
- Fifty-nine percent said consideration of a cloud strategy will present future data-management challenges, although 56 percent of the respondents acknowledged that cloud can help them become more agile and competitive.
- Forty-eight percent of the respondents said an ERP upgrade was an opportunity to improve operational efficiency, eliminate manual processes (42 percent), improve alignment between IT and the business units (37 percent), and improve compliance (34 percent).
- Sixty-two percent said their organization is working to improve decision making by determining how to best analyze existing information.
- Fifty-three percent said migration to a cloud environment will raise a broad set of business transformation issues that need to be better understood across the organization before adopting such a strategy.
- More than half (59 percent) of the respondents said cutting through the complex web of their stored corporate data and market events and conditions in order to make appropriate decisions has become a concern for senior management, and 54 percent said it had become a concern for their board of directors.
You may like these other stories...
There is increased optimism about the US economy among business executives, as more are anticipating modest growth in recruitment, staff training, and targeted capital spending in the next year, according to results of a new...
To read more articles by Jeff Davidson, click here.One of my teeth is moving behind another, and it may cost me $6,500 to fix. I’m also facing obstacles professionally and personally. Even if I resolve the six to eight...
Read more articles by Alexandra DeFelice here.Time is money. So if every day we can pick up six minutes of productivity, over the year we'll gain 24 more hours. That's three, eight-hour workdays--or days to do...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.
This material focuses on the principles of accounting for non-profit organizations' revenues.