Illinois CPA Society presents 'Today’s Business Issues and Tomorrow’s Technology'
This year's Illinois CPA Society's Business & Technology Solutions Show, being held on Tuesday, August 19 and Wednesday, August 20 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, covers technical know-how and delves into issues challenging today's accounting and finance professionals.
In addition to having over 100 exhibitors with the latest business technologies and products, speakers at the event include William Strauss, senior economist and economic adviser, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, providing an economic assessment, and Marian Powers, PhD, adjunct professor, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, addressing the topic, "International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are Coming. Are You Ready?"
Other highlights of the two-day show are:
- Sheldon P. Holzman, CPA, CPE, chair, Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors, and partner, Virchow, Krause & Company LLP, Chicago, IL, and Elaine Weiss, president and CEO, Illinois CPA Society, speaking on the State of the CPA Profession.
- Dana "Rick" Richardson, CPA, CITP, technology futurist and president, Richardson Media & Technologies, LLC, Canton, CT, providing the 15th annual presentation on Tomorrow's Technologies.
- David B. Burritt, CPA, chief financial officer, Caterpillar, Inc., Peoria, IL, addressing the subject of "How Caterpillar Competes in Today's Environment."
Participants can choose from nine education tracks, including accounting & auditing, government, tax, technology and corporate finance, with sessions on such topics as:
- Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Office (strengths of these tools for small business)
- Security: Risks, Responsibilities and Solutions
- Ethical Leadership in Professional Life
- The Next Revolution: Sustainability
- Myths and Truths: The Paperless Office
Additional special features include the Intuit Product Experience Zone with interactive, hands-on demonstrations, and University Alumni luncheons. For more information on the Illinois CPA Society's 2008 Business & Technology Solutions Show visit www.icpas.org.
About the Illinois CPA Society
The Illinois CPA Society, founded in 1903, is the fifth largest state CPA society in the nation, with approximately 24,000 members. It is the premier professional organization that represents CPAs in Illinois. During its over 100 years of existence, the Society has advanced the highest ethical and financial standards of the profession, and has been a leader in educating the public on financial issues.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.