Illinois CPA Society prepares for 2007 Business & Technology Solutions Show
On August 21-22, the Illinois CPA Society will host its 27th annual Business & Technology Solutions Show at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. The Show will take a closer look at the hottest issues facing accounting and finance professionals and showcase the latest business technologies to help stay ahead of the competition.
The event will provide innovative solutions from approximately 120 industry-leading exhibitors. Keynote presentations during the two-day event include:
- State of the CPA Profession
- Debra Hopkins, CPA, CIA, chair, Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors and director, CPA Review, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Elaine Weiss, president and CEO, Illinois CPA Society, Chicago, IL
- Tomorrow's Technologies
- Dana "Rick" Richardson, CPA, CDP, technology futurist and president, Richardson Media & Technologies, LLC, Canton, CT
- Economic Update
- Carl Tannenbaum, chief economist and director of Asset/Liability Management, ABN AMRO North America, Inc., Chicago, IL
- Ethical Organizational Culture: What It Is; How to Measure It; and How to Maintain It
- Mollie Painter-Morland, PhD, associate director, Business and Professional Ethics Institute, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- A Very (Public) Turnaround
- Richard M. Lavers, JD, chief executive officer, Coachmen Industries, Inc., Elkhart, IN
There will also be nine tracks of educational sessions on topics such as accounting and auditing, consulting services, tax, technology and corporate finance. Additional special features include: Cyber Café sponsored by Best Buy for Business, Intuit's Product Experience Zone, Microsoft Learning Lab and University Alumni Luncheons. For more information, please visit the Illinois Society web site.