Financial statements in QuickBooks: Done right and in less time
New from Intuit Academy and prepared by Amy Vetter, CPA, CITP, and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, this training course provides the information you need to learn how to:
· Combine, re-order, and batch-print multiple financial statements in one workbook
· Create new financial reports added in 2010 such as:
o The Cash Flow Statement
o Retained Earnings
o Expanded Date Capability on Financial Reports – cross fiscal years, 13-week quarters, and 4-week months available!
o Filter reporting by Class and Customer:Jobs
· Generate Word document templates and attach documents to a financial reporting package
· Easily insert rows, columns, subtotals, and grand totals in Microsoft Excel templates created in Intuit Statement Writer
· Consolidate financial reporting and create as a PDF document package for your client
· Analyze financial reporting created in the Intuit Statement Writer by creating charts, graphs, and ratio analyses that refresh at a click of a button!
This course covers the core functionality of Intuit Statement Writer and the new and improved features in 2010 that allow you to present financial statements in compliance with GAAP. By using the Intuit Statement Writer you will also be able to create financial and management reports that are not possible within the QuickBooks Financial Software. You will learn to prepare charts, graphs, and ratio analyses that feed directly from Intuit Statement Writer so you can create them once and simply refresh the data each reporting period.
Intuit Statement Writer is included in all editions of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and available for an additional fee in QuickBooks Premier: Accountant Edition.
Voice of the Editor
Even though any accounting auditor would tell you it seems like there are an awful lot of tax accountants out there, surely one-third of the country isn't made up of tax preparers, so it's rather startling news to learn that one-third of Americans like to do their taxes. Who knew?
This Week on AccountingWEB
Bill Walter of Gross, Mendelsohn & Associates and Harold Gaar of TravisWolff LLP weigh in on mobile technology use while employees are at work.
WestArk RSVP and Fayette County Community Action Agency – organizations that received grant funding through the IRS Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program – spoke with AccountingWEB about how they assist senior citizens in their communities.
CPA Robert Raiola, who heads the Sports & Entertainment Group of Fazio, Mannuzza, Roche, Tankel, LaPilusa, LLC, talks NFL player income taxes with AccountingWEB.
Retiring KPMG Centennial Professor of Accounting at the University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business Robert May, PhD talks with AccountingWEB about his rewarding forty-three-year career.