Creating financial statements in less time
by AccountingWEB on
Intuit Statement Writer in 2010 is equipped with improved features enabling users to present financial statements in compliance with GAAP.
By using the Intuit Statement Writer you also will be able to create financial and management reports that are not possible within the QuickBooks Financial Software. Charts, graphs, and ratio analyses can feed directly from Intuit Statement Writer so you can create them once and simply refresh the data each reporting period.
Intuit Statement Writer (ISW) uses Microsoft Excel 2003 and 2007 as its platform to generate professional and customized financial statements. This year, the following features were improved or added:
- New financial statement templates were added such as the Cash Flow and Retained Earnings statements
- You now have the ability to work with up to 16 statements in one Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Documents such as cover letters and compilation reports created in Intuit Statement Writer using Microsoft Word2can be attached to a Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Prepare financial statements for any arbitrary date range such as 4-week months, 13-week quarters, or crossing fiscal periods
- Entire financial statements can be filtered by Class and/or Customer:Job
- Combine more than one class in one column
- Combine QuickBooks accounts by Account Name, Account Type, or Account Range
- Refresh one statement or the whole Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Microsoft Excel worksheet rows are unlocked to allow for insertion of rows
- Create Summary Total and Grand Total columns
- Customize Headers and/or Footers to meet firm or client-specific needs
- Change a variety of preferences
- Run ISW Diagnostics to identify any potential issues and resolutions
- Create charts and graphs within the Intuit Statement Writer template and refresh data as needed
- Easily generate PDF reports containing your Microsoft Excel financial statements and Microsoft Word documents
Intuit Statement Writer is included in all editions of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and available for an additional fee in QuickBooks Premier: Accountant Edition.
You may like these other stories...
Planning has begun to determine the content, design, and structure of the next version of the Uniform CPA Examination – and the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is asking the accounting profession for its feedback on...
Read more from Larry Perry here and in the Today's World of Audits archive.As RMM (the combination of inherent and control risk) increases, more and better evidence is needed to evaluate financial statement assertions....
Treasury Secretary Lew to speak on tax reform, inversionsDamian Paletta of the Wall Street Journal wrote on Friday that Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is planning a September 8 speech about a controversial corporate strategy...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
Transfer your knowledge and experience to prepare your team for the challenges and opportunities of an accounting career.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.
In this course, Amber Setter will shine the light on different types of leadership behavior- an integral part of everyone's career.