Creating financial statements in less time
Intuit Statement Writer in 2010 is equipped with improved features enabling users to present financial statements in compliance with GAAP.
By using the Intuit Statement Writer you also will be able to create financial and management reports that are not possible within the QuickBooks Financial Software. Charts, graphs, and ratio analyses can feed directly from Intuit Statement Writer so you can create them once and simply refresh the data each reporting period.
Intuit Statement Writer (ISW) uses Microsoft Excel 2003 and 2007 as its platform to generate professional and customized financial statements. This year, the following features were improved or added:
- New financial statement templates were added such as the Cash Flow and Retained Earnings statements
- You now have the ability to work with up to 16 statements in one Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Documents such as cover letters and compilation reports created in Intuit Statement Writer using Microsoft Word2can be attached to a Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Prepare financial statements for any arbitrary date range such as 4-week months, 13-week quarters, or crossing fiscal periods
- Entire financial statements can be filtered by Class and/or Customer:Job
- Combine more than one class in one column
- Combine QuickBooks accounts by Account Name, Account Type, or Account Range
- Refresh one statement or the whole Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Microsoft Excel worksheet rows are unlocked to allow for insertion of rows
- Create Summary Total and Grand Total columns
- Customize Headers and/or Footers to meet firm or client-specific needs
- Change a variety of preferences
- Run ISW Diagnostics to identify any potential issues and resolutions
- Create charts and graphs within the Intuit Statement Writer template and refresh data as needed
- Easily generate PDF reports containing your Microsoft Excel financial statements and Microsoft Word documents
Intuit Statement Writer is included in all editions of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and available for an additional fee in QuickBooks Premier: Accountant Edition.
Voice of the Editor
What would you do if one of your clients won the lottery? We asked several accountants to weigh in with their advice for the lucky Powerball winner, and the tips we received are useful for anyone who receives a windfall, whether it's a lottery win, an inheritance, a big bonus on the job, or a killing in the stock market.
This Week on AccountingWEB
CPAs Mira Finé, Scott Hitchcock, Rob Keasal, Kathy Scorcio, and Ken Travis offer ten pieces of financial advice for the newest Powerball winner.
Hang Bower of BDO USA and Dan Black of Ernst & Young share their perspectives on why their firms made the Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 list.
Herbein + Company, Inc. firm members talked with AccountingWEB about their year-round employee wellness program.
Bill Walter of Gross, Mendelsohn & Associates and Harold Gaar of TravisWolff LLP weigh in on mobile technology use while employees are at work.