Color Rows According to Criteria in Microsoft Excel
by AccountingWeb on
You can use coloring to isolate data in lists and to differentiate between various types of data.
Make sure the list is set to AutoFilter.
- Filter the year 1996 according to the following criterion – from the drop-down list for the Year field, select 1996.
- Select a cell in the list of data – press Ctrl+* (select the current region).
- From the Formatting toolbar, select Fill Color, and then select any color.
- Filter the year 1997 according to the following criterion – from the drop-down list for the Year field, select 1997.
- Select a cell in the data list, and press Ctrl+* (select the current region).
- From the Formatting toolbar, select Fill Color, and then select a different color from the one you selected before.
- Turn off AutoFilter.
You may like these other stories...
It’s almost Selection Sunday, when it seems that everyone in the country, including President Obama, makes their picks for the Final Four. There’s no need to search the Internet for a bracket template – you...
With high school teachers having to vie against all things digital to capture their students’ attention, it’s more important than ever for them to use fun and interactive lessons to bring accounting principles to...
Building complex spreadsheets without lookup formulas, such as VLOOKUP, is akin to putting a screw in the wall with a hammer. It’s possible, but the results aren’t pretty, and most probably won’t maintain...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
BAR is an acronym for: Boundaries, Authority and Role. This simple tool will provide participants with a solid understanding of leadership essentials to improve their performance.
This material is designed to provide a start-to-finish overview of how to plan and complete high-quality small audits efficiently.
In this session Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shares numerous techniques that you can use to work with charts more efficiently.
Key Accounting and Reporting Issues for Nonprofits No. 1: Overview and Statement of Financial Position
This material focuses on non-profit organizations organization, accounting and reporting.