Adding a Wrap Text Shortcut in Microsoft Excel
by AccountingWeb on
Wrap text is a useful technique that you will use frequently when working in Excel.
You add the shortcut by adding a style in the Style box.
Adding the Style box to the Formatting toolbar
- Right-click one of the toolbars, and select Customize.
- Select the Commands tab, and then select Format.
- Drag the Style icon from the Customize dialog box to the Formatting toolbar, and drop it next to the Font Size box (or anywhere else you choose).
- Click Close.
Adding wrap text to the Style box
- Enter text or several words into a cell in the worksheet, and press Ctrl+1.
- Select the Alignment tab, check the wrap text check box, and click OK.
- In the Style box, enter the text wrap text.
You may like these other stories...
Regulatory compliance, risk management and cost-cutting are the big heartburn issues for finance execs in the C-suite. Yet financial planning and analysis—a key antacid—is insufficient.That's just one of the...
Continuing its efforts to simplify accounting procedures, the FASB has issued a proposed Accounting Standards Update on customer fees paid in a cloud computing arrangement. The newly-proposed update (Intangibles—...
How are you planning? What tools do you use (or fail to use) for forecasting? PlanGuru is a business budgeting, forecasting, and performance review software company based in White Plains, N.Y. AccountingWEB recently spoke...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
Transfer your knowledge and experience to prepare your team for the challenges and opportunities of an accounting career.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.