Adding a Wrap Text Shortcut in Microsoft Excel
Wrap text is a useful technique that you will use frequently when working in Excel.
You add the shortcut by adding a style in the Style box.
Adding the Style box to the Formatting toolbar:
- Right-click one of the toolbars, and select Customize.
- Select the Commands tab, and then select Format.
- Drag the Style icon from the Customize dialog box to the Formatting toolbar, and drop it next to the Font Size box (or anywhere else you choose).
- Click Close.
Adding wrap text to the Style box:
- Enter text or several words into a cell in the worksheet, and press Ctrl+1.
- Select the Alignment tab, check the wrap text check box, and click OK.
- In the Style box, enter the text wrap text.
This Excel Tip is compliments of Exceltip.com
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.