Tax Rules of the Road
by AccountingWeb on
Here are the key requirements for the new hybrid-vehicle credit:
- The vehicle must be placed in service in 2006 through 2010.
- Only buyers of new hybrid vehicles can claim the credit; it doesn’t apply to used vehicles.
- The person claiming the credit must use the vehicle or offer it for lease.
- If a qualified vehicle is leased to a consumer, the leasing company may claim the credit.
- The vehicle must be used predominantly within the United States.
You may like these other stories...
Could the IRS disallow Ice Bucket Challenge charitable contributions?Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard of – or participated in – the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.I was...
As a general rule, a taxpayer can deduct the full amount of monetary contributions made to a qualified charitable organization, as long as certain substantiation requirements are met. These donations are typically made...
Hertz withdraws full-year forecast, cites accounting review, challengesRental car company Hertz Global Holdings Inc. said on Tuesday it is withdrawing its full-year financial forecast and expects 2014 results to be “...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
This webcast will include discussions of recently issued, commonly-applicable Accounting Standards Updates for non-public, non-governmental entities.
Excel spreadsheets are often akin to the American Wild West, where users can input anything they want into any worksheet cell. Excel's Data Validation feature allows you to restrict user inputs to selected choices, but there are many nuances to the feature that often trip users up.
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.