Tax Mama Highlighted in Inc. Magazine
A recent article in Inc. magazine analyzed seven top web sites where tax pointers can be found. Included in the seven was Eva Rosenberg's site, www.taxmama.com, and the article described the site as "A joyful and occasionally informative romp through the tax world." The site is geared primarily toward the consumer. Visitors can submit questions and read Q&A's in Tax Mama's e-mail newsletter. Ms. Rosenberg, the site's founder, has been a repeat guest presenter in the AccountingWEB workshop series.
Other sites mentioned the article include:
- www.bankrate.com: Easy to navigate, appealing to CEOs.
- www.dtonline.com: Operated by Deloitte & Touche, the site is primarily a guide for personal financial planning.
- www.irs.ustreas.gov/bus_info/sm_bus: The IRS's small business site contains comprehensive tax information tailored for small businesses, and is recommended for tax issues relating to start-up companies.
- www.smbiz.com: Described as a "link farm," the site also contains tax news.
- www.taxcast.com: Ernst & Young's site provides tax law summaries and other tax documents.
- www.taxprophet.com: The site contains a large tax law database, as well as advisories about tax scams and an online bulletin board.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.