Pros And Cons of E-Filing
by AccountingWeb on
Here, in a nutshell, are their findings:
Pros of e-filing:
- Speedier processing time
- Nearly all forms available online, so most taxpayers can use the service
- Automatic extensions of time, including the second extension, may be filed on-line
- IRS quickly detects processing errors and sends information for required changes electronically
- Software is readily available through a number of sources
Cons of e-filing:
- Without a high-speed connection, preparation takes a longer time than expected
- Complete W-2 form information must be entered which is more time-consuming than simply attaching the forms to the paper return
- Software is not yet fully developed or made available to guide all businesses through the electronic filing system
- Tax returns for deceased taxpayers must still be filed manually
- The absence of a relationship with a tax professional may result in missed deductions or other errors
You may like these other stories...
At long last, the Obama administration issued draft instructions along with revised draft tax forms that provide companies guidance on how to comply with the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) employer mandate.The US Treasury...
Treasury Secretary Lew to speak on tax reform, inversionsDamian Paletta of the Wall Street Journal wrote on Friday that Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is planning a September 8 speech about a controversial corporate strategy...
The IRS requires most freelancers and other self-employed individuals to use the cash method of accounting, under which income isn't counted until cash, a check, or an e-payment is received, and expenses aren't...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this session we'll discuss the types of technologies and their uses in a small accounting firm office.
Transfer your knowledge and experience to prepare your team for the challenges and opportunities of an accounting career.
This webcast will include discussions of commonly-applicable Clarified Auditing Standards for audits of non-public, non-governmental entities.
In this course, Amber Setter will shine the light on different types of leadership behavior- an integral part of everyone's career.