Pros And Cons of E-Filing
by AccountingWeb on
Here, in a nutshell, are their findings:
Pros of e-filing:
- Speedier processing time
- Nearly all forms available online, so most taxpayers can use the service
- Automatic extensions of time, including the second extension, may be filed on-line
- IRS quickly detects processing errors and sends information for required changes electronically
- Software is readily available through a number of sources
Cons of e-filing:
- Without a high-speed connection, preparation takes a longer time than expected
- Complete W-2 form information must be entered which is more time-consuming than simply attaching the forms to the paper return
- Software is not yet fully developed or made available to guide all businesses through the electronic filing system
- Tax returns for deceased taxpayers must still be filed manually
- The absence of a relationship with a tax professional may result in missed deductions or other errors
You may like these other stories...
Boehner addresses GOP priorities ahead of midterm electionsHouse Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) on Thursday delivered what amounted to closing arguments ahead of the November elections, laying out a list of Republican...
As anyone who's ever been through a divorce can attest, the pain of parting with your spouse isn't just emotional—the fallout from divorce can wreak financial havoc as well long after the dust in the courtroom...
Former DOJ Tax Division head Kathryn Keneally joining DLA Piper in New YorkGlobal law firm DLA Piper announced on Thursday that Kathryn Keneally, the former head of the US Justice Department Tax Division, is joining the firm...
Upcoming CPE Webinars
In this jam-packed presentation Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will give you a crash-course in creating spreadsheet-based dashboards. A dashboard condenses large amounts of data into a compact space, yet enables the end user to easily drill down into details when warranted.
This webcast will include discussions of important issues in SSARS No. 19 and the current status of proposed changes by the Accounting and Review Services Committee in these statements.
Kristen Rampe will share how to speak and write more effectively by understanding your own and your audience's communication style.
Amber Setter will show the value of leadership assessments as tools for individual and organizational leadership development initiatives.