Live Webcast: The IRS Casts Eagle Eye on Tax Shelters
Tax Talk Today tells tax professionals about Tax Shelter abuse. Every taxpayer dollar that comes into the Internal Revenue Service is important, and that’s one reason why the agency is consistently vigilant about tax shelter review and regulation.
In February’s Tax Talk Today, panelists will update you on a number of tax shelter issues.
What: Tax Talk Today® will cover:
- An IRS report on trends seen in tax shelter activity.
- Issue identification, legal guidance and analysis of shelters.
- Review of current IRS tax shelter regulation and compliance strategies.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2:00 to 3:00 pm EST
Who: The panel will include:
- K. Steven Burgess, acting director of Abusive Tax Avoidance Transactions in Compliance Policy, IRS Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division
- Kathy Petronchak, acting director of Pre-Filing and Technical Guidance, IRS Large and Mid-Size Business (LMSB) Operating Division
- Thomas Callahan, CPA and chair of the Thompson Hine’s Taxation Practice Group.
- Les Witmer, communications consultant and 23-year veteran of the IRS, (Moderator of broadcast)
After an open discussion, the panelists will answer e-mailed, faxed or phoned-in viewer questions about tax shelter enforcement.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.