IRS Publishes CPE Material for Tax Exempt Bonds
For the past eight years, the IRS has published articles of interest to the tax exempt bond community in its annual publication, "Exempt Organizations Continuing Education Technical Instruction Program."
Now the IRS is taking its program of disseminating information one step further and launching a continuing professional education program which will meet the technical needs of the IRS's Tax Exempt Bonds personnel and the municipal bonds community in general.
The first CPE material consist of two parts: Part I includes new material as well as information about the historical development of IRC section 144 small issue bonds; Part II contains articles reprinted from past editions of the IRS's Exempt Organizations texts.
Specific topics in the material include:
- Tax Exempt Bonds Correspondence Examination: Timely Use of Proceeds - Arbitrage Compliance Initiative
- An Historical Perspective of Small Issue Bonds
- Tax Exempt Bonds Compliance Initiative: Small Issue Bonds
- Pooled Financings (2000)
- Allocation and Accounting Regulations for Arbitrage Bonds (1999)
- Identifying Abusive Transactions Involving Section 501(c)(3) Organizations and Tax-Exempt Bonds (1999)
- Tax-Exempt Advance Refunding Bonds - Some Basics (1997)
- Understanding Bond Documents (1996)
- Application of the Arbitrage Restrictions: An Example (1996)
- The First Book of Arbitrage - Overview (1994)
- 501(c)(3) Bonds - A Mini Text (1993)
The materials are designed for training purposes and are available online. Hard copies of the material may be purchased by contacting the IRS Freedom of Information Reading Room, Phone: 202-622-5164.