Common Mistakes to Avoid When Filing Your Return
by AccountingWeb on
Here's hoping you didn't make any of these mistakes and that you get through tax season with your bank account and good humor still intact!
- Making math errors.
- Not including Social Security numbers.
- Not signing and dating your return.
- Not using the pre-printed label and envelope from the tax package.
- Forgetting about interest and dividends.
- Forgetting to donate unwanted items to charity.
- Not including all your forms.
- Not properly tracking your investment basis.
- Using the EZ form when a longer form could cut your taxes.
- Not getting all your payment material in order.
- Forgetting to bunch your deductions.
- Not taking all the credits you're eligible for.
- Using the wrong tax table.
- Missing the deadline to request an extension.
- Not putting the proper postage on your return package.
Wait, there's more!
There's always more at AccountingWEB. We're an active community of financial professionals and journalists who strive to bring you valuable content every day. If you'd like, let us know your interests and we'll send you a few articles every week either in taxation, practice excellence, or just our most popular stories from that week. It's free to sign up and to be a part of our community.
Premium content is currently locked
2 weeks 4 days ago by mucar1990