Intuit bringing online payroll to accountants, Mac users, and financial institutions
Intuit Inc. will soon introduce Intuit Online Payroll to accountants and Mac users as well as banks and credit unions.
The move addresses customer need for an easy and affordable way to manage their payroll with confidence. New service offerings will be available as early as spring 2009.
"Whether you are a small business owner or an accountant, using a Mac or a PC, Intuit Online Payroll will be at your service—anytime, anywhere," said Cameron Schmidt, director of marketing for the Intuit Payroll Division. "With more than one million customers, Intuit Payroll has been a trusted partner to small businesses, helping them save time and money. We are excited to extend the benefits of Intuit Online Payroll to even more businesses and accountants through this expansion."
Customers soon to benefit from Intuit's Online Payroll service include:
In spring 2009, Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals will bring accountant-specific functionality designed to make it easier, faster, and more profitable for accountants to manage payroll for their clients. The service will help accountants be more productive through the following benefits:
- Direct and Easy Export to QuickBooks: Intuit Online Payroll pulls account information directly from QuickBooks and exports payroll data directly into QuickBooks without the need for an intermediary file – and flags transactions as successfully exported only when the data is actually recorded into the QuickBooks file itself. This direct link reduces the risk of exporting incorrect or duplicate information into QuickBooks.
- Consolidated Client Task List: With access to a combined list of upcoming deadlines for all their clients on a single screen, accounting professionals can efficiently manage payroll activities across multiple clients.
- Save and Make Money: Accounting professionals have access to this Web-based application at a significantly discounted rate enabling them to save money and build a profitable payroll practice.
"I anticipate Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals will help me increase profitability by providing clients the payroll services they need in less time," said Harrison Lund of Harrison Accounting in Colorado. "This offering is an incredibly important differentiator and gives us a competitive advantage."
Beginning in the fall of 2009, the benefits of Intuit Online Payroll will be extended to Mac users with Safari support and integration with Intuit QuickBooks for Mac. The offering will enable Mac users to:
- Easily Pay Employees: Mac users can simply enter employees' hours and with just a few clicks, Intuit Online Payroll automatically calculates earnings, payroll taxes and deductions. In addition, the offering allows users to easily print paychecks from their printer, or use convenient Direct Deposit.
- Instantly Pay Payroll Taxes: Intuit Online Payroll instantly calculates federal and state payroll taxes for the user. It helps keep track of what taxes a user owes and reminds them when and how much to pay. A small business can easily write a check or conveniently pay federal and select state taxes electronically with E-Pay at no additional cost. Intuit Payroll's team of compliance professionals works with tax authorities to help keep payroll tax rates accurate and up-to-date.
- Confidently Handle Tax Forms: Intuit Online Payroll automatically fills in the latest federal and many state payroll tax forms – a user need just print, sign and mail, or E-File select state forms at no additional cost. Plus, with Intuit Online Payroll, users receive helpful e-mails reminding them about tax payment and form deadlines.
Banks and Credit Unions
Intuit will also empower financial institutions to provide small business payroll services as a key component of their online banking offering. The services, available this spring, are part of the Small Business FinanceWorks online suite of easy-to-use tools, developed by Digital Insight, an Intuit company. With Intuit Online Payroll as a core component of the Small Business FinanceWorks suite, small business customers at Digital Insight's network of more than 1,800 financial institutions will be able to easily manage payroll, in addition to billing and invoicing, remote deposits and legal filings, through their banking platform.
Pricing and Availability
For a limited time, Intuit Online Payroll is being offered for free for six months and only $9.95 per month after that for new users, a savings of about $300 for the first year compared to the regular price for Intuit Online Payroll.
Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals will be available this spring. The Intuit Online Payroll for Mac service will be available in the fall of 2009. Intuit Online Payroll will be available in Small Business FinanceWorks this spring. For more information check out www.intuitonlinepayroll.com.