Mark Your Calendar: 2nd Annual Insurance Industry Summit
A spirited debate on state versus federal regulation of the insurance industry, along with the emerging life settlement business will highlight the Second Annual Industry Summit and Breakfast being held December 5, 2005, at the Union League Club of Chicago, Illinois.
A distinguished panel of experts will discuss the profound changes proposed federal charters and regulation would have on the financial services industry; the moral and ethical considerations inherent in the growing life settlement business segment; and commission disclosure versus an agent’s right to privacy regarding their income.
The distinguished panel at the event includes:
- Governor Frank Keating, President and Chief Executive Officer American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI).
- Robert B. Plybon, CLU, ChFC, Chief Executive Officer of Plybon and Associates.
- Greg Serio, Managing Director, Park Strategies, LLC and Former New York State Superintendent of Insurance.
- Albert J. “Bud” Schiff, CLU Chief Executive Officer of New York Life Executive Benefits, LLC.
- Nat Shapo, Sr. Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer for Coventry First and Former Illinois State Insurance Commissioner.
- Thomas E. Workman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Life Insurance Council of New York, Inc. (LICONY).
The panel’s moderator will be Ron Duska, PhD., the Charles Lamont Post Chair of Ethics and the Professions and Director of the American College Center for Ethics in Financial Services.
Morgan Stanley is sponsoring the Industry Summit for the sixth consecutive year. The event is also co-sponsored by the American College Alumni Association and the American College Center for Ethics in Financial Services.
To register, or for more information, visit The American College at www.TheAmericanCollege.edu.